01

CHAPTER ONE

JENNIE kim sat in her car, staring at the same old, plain building in front of her. not that it was possible it would just magically change over night, but the thought made her let out an airy chuckle. imagine if it did shape-shift into something completely different. now, that would make her life more eventful.

stepping out of the vehicle, she locked it, hearing the prominent beep beep as she headed towards the entrance.

one hand clutched a bouquet of yellow tulips - jisoo's favourite - as she walked through the double doors. she spotted the familiar person behind the front desk, and lifted up her free hand, waving.

"hey, haebin," jennie smiled, holding the flowers closer to her body.

the girl's eyes lingered on the bouquet, until they finally reached jennie's. "here for jisoo again?"

it was obvious, jennie didn't understand why the girl always asked, she was never there to see anyone else. but perhaps, those were the regulations, it was not like people were just allowed to waltz on through, anyways.

"i'm going to surprise her with these," she smiled brightly, bringing her nose down to smell a tulip.

"she'll love them," haebin's voice was softer than usual. "you can go on through."

jennie noticed the pity in the girl's eyes, it really wasn't hard to miss, but chose to ignore it. she didn't need anyone to bring down her mood. that time, she wasn't going to read too much into the looks; she was hopeful. jisoo will love the flowers, she told herself, picking up her pace a little. clicking the number '3' on the elevator, she waited patiently, humming out of sync to the terrible music that played.

when the doors opened, she basically sprinted down the corridor to jisoo's room, excited to see her girlfriend.

a quick knock on the door, she twisted the handled and walked in.

"hey, angel," jennie grinned, strolling over to the chair beside jisoo. "mind if i sit?"

the girl ignored her.

"the silent treatment?" she half-heartedly laughed, sitting down on the seat. placing the boquet on the table next to her, she reached over to take jisoo's hand in her own. "when will you talk to me again?"

jisoo's hand felt cold in hers, and she glanced at the heart monitor on the other side of the bed.

"at least you're still here."

like always, jennie talked for hours, whilst jisoo listened.