05

CHAPTER FIVE

WAITING for the elevator was one of the things jennie disliked most about the hospital.

a part from the terrible coffee, and music they actually played in the elevator, of course. jennie had never been patient when she wanted to be somewhere- it was always the right now, rather than later. and right then, all the girl wanted to do was be with her girlfriend.

when the doors opened, she quickly strolled in, pressing the button for jisoo's floor. she held her handbag closer to her body, a small smile tugging at the corner of her lips as she remembered the sheet of paper tucked in the bag. she would be proud, jennie kept saying over and over inside her head. when the familiar dinging sound happened, and the doors opened once again, the girl basically sprinted - still being careful - down the corridor, excited to see jisoo.

upon reaching the door, she swifting walked in, sitting beside the sleeping girl.

jennie started with, "you'll never believe what happened today."

trying to locate the item, jennie finally found it, pulling the single piece of paper out of her bag. the younger held it up towards jisoo, a wide grin on her face.

"i passed my final exam!"

silence.

"you never stopped believing in me, even when i gave up on myself." she looked at jisoo's face, "thank you."

jennie blinked her eyes, trying to rid the tears that were gradually building up. don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. in the end, she had to look away from jisoo. the girl stood up from the chair, and walked over to the window. eyes focusing on the cloudy sky, yet her mind was running miles. too many to keep up with.

she remembered the days, where she would attempt to study, only to discard it ten minutes later.

the girl remembered jisoo walking into their bedroom, seeing her lay on the floor with several books and random sheets of paper scattering around her. immediately, jisoo sat down next to her, pulling a textbook onto her lap, voicing out questions.

sighing, jennie gave the answers. her fingers found their way to jisoo's back, drawing patterns on the fabric whilst the girl continued talking.

at the end of that, her girlfriend closed the book, turning to her with the widest, and in jennie's opinion, the goofiest smile on her face. jisoo told her that she got all the answers right, instantly wrapping her arms around her. she said i knew you could do it, and jennie wished she could hear those words again right then. but she also knew if jisoo was awake, she'd be tackling her to the ground with hugs, yelling out how she was extremely proud.

bringing herself to sit back down next to jisoo, she held her hand.

"i want you to know something," voice broken.

jennie took in a shaky breath, eyes unintentionally glanced at the heart monitor before going back to jisoo's closed eyelids.

"i won't stop believing in you."