Sorting out

Dean and Sam had been messed up badly after everything that happened, but now a bigger problem had arisen, Lucifer's child, in this world, Mary in another universe along with Lucifer and Cas being dead. In a matter of few moments Dean and Sam lost their half of the world, their mother being taken away from them and their best friend dying by the hands of Satan.

Ruhaani sighed at damage that had happen, she was worried about her boys, she could not stand to see them in pain, pain that she was responsible for, had she not left them none of this would have happened.

Dean was still drinking away his sorrows, Sam was trying to bury his feelings and Ruhaani was struggling to get the brothers to do anything to keep their mind off of their sadness. Ruhaani knew boys lost so much, a mother who Sam never knew until she was brought back by Amara, a dead beat Dad who was so hell bent on revenge that he dragged his kids into it, they lost each and everyone they knew, but that didn't flip a switch in them, they continued to do good for others, but destiny played a cruel joke with them again, this time destiny broke them, made them nothing but grieving men.

Ruhaani reached hallway to see Dean dousing another bottle of whisky without a break, she walked over to him and took away his bottle. "Dean this is not good, you cannot just keep on drinking, you are not eating properly, you are not sleeping."

"What good would it do? I lost my best friend, I lost my mother again, nobody gives a damn, maybe the world just wants to come to an end."

"Sweetie, you are drunk and you are tired, I get that you are resenting everything that happened, but you can not just runaway from your problems, sooner or later, you are going to have to face it, but I promise you won't be alone"

Dean looked in Ruhaani's eyes to see, he was searching for something in them, but all he found was concern for him, love for him and regret of leaving them. Her eyes silently promised him that they will always be looking out for him and Sammy.

Dean didn't know what to say so he just got up and hugged her tight, burying his face on her shoulder, she hugged him back and cooed soothing words into his ears which made him cry, he let out his feelings, the dam that he built to control his feelings was now destroyed, he cried and cried, he told her about his deepest darkest nightmares and she listened patiently, Dean was in her arms for hours until he fell asleep. Ruhaani felt Dean slumping so she zapped him into his room, cleaned his room in a spec of time and covered Dean with his blanket and switched off the lights. She leaned in to kiss his forehead. 

"I will protect you from everything sweetie" she whispered in his ear.

Sam was avoiding Ruhaani, seeing how his mother was taken from him again and Cas died right in front of his eyes, he thought same would happen with Ruhaani, she might get killed because of them. He cursed himself for being a poison, he went deep into research but his mind was still grief stricken,  Dean was also not coping well, he saw those humongous amount of bottles of whisky lying everywhere. 

Ruhaani knocked on Sam's door. 

"Come in" Sam knew it was Ruhaani because Dean was dealing his suffering in his way like he always does.

"Hey Sam"

"Hey"

"What are you doing?"

"I am just looking out for cases"

"No Sam. What are you doing?"

"I just told you"

"No, why are you behaving so distant?"

"I am not"

"Sam" she walked over to him and sat next to him in the bed. She put her hand on his shoulder. "I know you are trying to get away from me, because you think I am going to die like the rest of them or abandon you"

"How did you..?"

"Cause I am an angel silly"

"I forgot"

"Sam, I assure you nothing is going to happen to me. And I won't let anything happen to you or your brother"

"You left us once, who's to say you won't do that again?" he winced with pain in his eyes.

"Honey? I know I broke your trust and  I am willing to do anything to make it up to you" she assured him.

"You should go away, I don't love you anymore, I don't care about you, you left us when we needed you the most and look what has it done to us, you don't get it do you? I lost everything, I lost everything again"

Ruhaani knew Sam was hurting, Sam wanted to keep Ruhaani safe and that's why he was saying all those hurtful things, but she saw through the act. She stood up facing him and took his face into her hands.

"I am sorry honey, I really am, but I also know you want to keep me safe and that is why you are trying to distance yourself, but you listen to me ,you overgrown tall man, I am not leaving you, never ever"

With that being said Sam wrapped his hands around her waist and brought her closer, and buried his head into her body, she held him like she held Dean. 

"Honey you should sleep, you look awful"

"I can't, those things haunt me"

"I can help" She waved her hand and soon Sam began to feel sleepy.

She covered him and flicked her fingers making Sam see all the beautiful memories.