Chapter 8

I was startled awake by my alarm and fell out of the my tree...Oh right, I'm at school right now.

Gracefully standing up, I dust of my clothes and start looking for people. The first person I see is a boy with a arrogant looking face, but who knows, maybe that is just the look they were born with. Going up to him I ask," Do you know where the Headmaster's office is?"

Snorting at my question he replies," Oh course I know, but why should I tell a little girl like you? Go back to your mommy little girl. Oh, but if you want I can give you my autograph, as I am one of the most famous-"

Walking away I decide to start putting faith in my judging skills and will keep away from snotty looking boys. Not long after, I find a pretty normally looking guy. He seemed like he was friendly, with a crowd of girls surrounding him. Him being rather tall compared to my height, I have to pull on his sleeve to get his attention.

Clearing my throat I question him," Mister, can you tell me where the Headmaster's office is?" Wanting my question to be answered this time, I throw in puppy dog eyes and a slightly pouty bottom lip.

Just like when I first met my brother and father, he pinched his nose and looked away for a few seconds before answering," Sure thing sweetheart." He paused for a while, thinking, before asking me," Are you by yourself?"

I tilt my head slightly wondering why he would ask that. I'm a kid at a school, so wouldn't it be normal to assume I'm here for school? Why wouldn't I be by myself? Seeing his awaiting face I remember that I have to reply to his question," Yep! I'm by myself. Umm...I need to meet the Headmaster now so..."

Snapping out of a daze he grabs my hand and starts walking me to a tower of sorts. He just kind of pulls me along as he opens all the doors and presses the buttons on a mechanism that works kind of like a elevator. It's a platform that moves up and down, while you control where you are going with how much mana you put in. Using the mechanism isn't draining for your mana though, it takes a minuscule amount to reach the top of the building - not that I have ever built one of these for fun, so I wouldn't know anything...

My train of thoughts are disrupted as a large wooden door swung open and hit the wall.

The guy placed his arms straight beside his body and bowed," Sir, I have brought a child wanting to see you."

A low soothing voice then rumbled a bit, "Thank you Ace, you are dismissed."

After I saw the door shut, I looked at the man.
"Uncle? Uncle De!" I launch a hug onto him as he chuckles and wraps his arm around my body, returning the hug.

" So I've heard that you are busy being a genius at your home?"

I actually try to think of when I was doing that, but I couldn't recall it. So I honestly reply to my uncle," I don't think I've been doing that?"

He just laughs at he and rubs my head, feeling like I've been played I start pouting. Soon after, we stop playing and Uncle De shows me a piece of paper.
"This is going to be your schedule for this academy. You are currently in all advanced classes, but if you feel they are too easy, I could always move you up a few levels." He then opens his drawer and grabs a light green packet," In here is a map, the academy's rules, and all the courses you could switch to. Oh and the lunch menu." After he places that next to my schedule he reaches down to grab another bag. Why couldn't he bring it out in one go? " In this bag is all of the item you will need to go to this academy, such as your student identification card, your uniform, your lunch pass, your room keys and so on. And remember, your student ID is, um, special, so don't lose it."

Nodding I with a serious face I give a salute, then smile jokingly. Actually leaving this time, I give him a hug and run off. Remembering that I still hadn't looked at the map. I stop running and pull out the map. I study it for a good half a second before folding it back up and storing it in my space. Feeling confident from now knowing where I'm going I head toward my new room. After passing by a few windows, and almost loosing the things I was carrying in my hands, I realize I could have just stored it all in my space and saved trouble of holding a paper and trying not to crinkle it, supporting the bottom of a 9 pound bag so that that it doesn't tear, and trying to hold on to a packet of " very important" items.

Mentally knocking my own head, I sigh as I place everything I'm holding into the storage area of my space.

Upon entering my room, the first thing I notice is that it looks exactly like my old room. The carpet was a luscious and fluffy cream white with specks of silver and gold, accompanied by the lavenderish-grey walls. The walls also had the same texture; top half painted and bottom half had bamboo strips going straight down. My bed, curtains, desk, lamp, and even my door were generally the same color and in the same place. The improvements that happened made my room elegant, but comfortable. The maids must have already moved everything for me. I will have to call them and thank them later. Looking around, the only major difference I can notice is that the bathroom and closet area about 3 feet larger, and the bathroom looks more pearlescent.

After taking a shower and soaking in the tub, I lie on my bed. No matter what I say they never let me have more than 8 pillows on my bed, but now that I'm by myself...I enter my space only to find out I forgot to pack more pillows. Not being able to make due to only nine pillows- including the only in my space- I add a sewing room to the library. There I created pillows from the softest fabric and the fluffiest stuffings. It took a while, but that's alright, because time passed faster in this space. I never really went to go calculate it, but it was around 6.35 time faster than the outside world.

Bringing my pillows out to my bed, I set them down and start counting. Hmm, 18 pillows in total. That should do for now. Grabbing my blanket, I pull it over myself and fall in to a deep sleep.