Chapter 27

I had thought that I would once again be sent off in such a fashion that it was almost as if being sold once again. However, I soon found out that was not the case. When Key has said that she received my parents permission, it meant that she had told them of what transpired. It was a misunderstanding on my part, and a rushed explanation on Key's part.  

Grandpa calmed me down first after getting all worked up from Key's emotional pep talk, then asked me what I wanted to do first. As I calmed down, I faced Grandpa and spoke as if it were the most logical thing at this moment. 

"I need to collect my tournament prize and the money I won from the Old Man who runs the training camp."

Grandpa's face paused midway to beginning a sentence, then let out a hearty laugh, "Of course." He made a motion for me to lead the way. However, I didn't move. Not because I didn't want to or anything, but because I really was at a loss for where I should be heading. Grandpa seemed to get the idea and led the way to collecting my prize. Although, if I really thought about it, should I really be getting a prize if the tournament was just called off? 

Entering a grand looking building, we enter door, after door, after door, until we finally reached a destination. Grandpa faced me and grandly declared, "When you enter this hall please note that you may only take one item out. Take your time."

With Grandpa's grand voice I could already formulate high hopes, but what I saw really blew my mind away. If I were only a poor kid in my past life and hadn't met this new family, I probably would have died of a heart attack. 

Every single item on display must have been worth the cost of a lifetime. Slapping my cheeks, I bring my focus back to the matter at hand. The first though that came to me was for it to be practical in my daily life. Sure, I could choose that very exquisite and delicate sculpture on my right side... but how often would that be used. Never.

With that amount of time I was spending pacing back and forth the massive hall, I was feeling extremely guilty for making that Grandpa wait. Even if he basically forced me to become his disciple...

With much thought, I ended up choosing a very elegant looking anklet. However, it looking very beautiful is not what attracted me. In fact, it held very unique properties. If I told you it could boost my speed, jumping height, and leg strength that would be acceptable and probably even predictable, right? But what if I found out that not only can it do that, but it gives the ability to fly (or more specifically glide on air), increase the bodies defense and offence by 250% and have the ability to completely hide yourself. As in invisibility, no scent, no marks left on the ground, no leakage of your strength either.

Temporarily wearing them, I head out to meet Grandpa. His eyes shot straight to my ankles and he let out a intrigued expression. Then, he halted his actions there and asked, "Where to next?"

Since this Grandpa was supposedly all powerful and such, I assumed he knew what these anklets did and so I asked, " Can I try running over to the Old Man?"

He just laughed and nodded. Not too sure who he was laughing at I just nodded and took off towards the locations of the Old Man's office. Since my  championship of the tournament was a bit strange, it hadn't been officially announced yet, but it was still my rightful win. The attendants automatically allowed us directly into his office, as shocked as I was, I could still accurately deduce that it was due to the Grandpa in front on me.  

Wanting to get the over and done with quickly, I let Grandpa barge in and do all the explaining first. When he was done, I swiftly brought out the contract out of my pouch and showed it to him. 

"My 10,000 jade coins please."

From the look on that Old Man's face I could tell that he wanted to strangle me, but the fact that Grandpa was with me was probably the strongest restriction out there. The could only attempt to plaster on a amicable smile and toss me a storage ring. No words were spoken even till the point that we were leaving his office.

This time Grandpa did not ask where we were going, and instead face me and said, " I suppose I have to visit son and daughter-in-law, now don't I." 

Not too sure who this son and daughter-in-law was I just gave him one of those polite but confused smiles. 

It wasn't until we arrived at a mansion - the mansion I grew up in - that I began to connect the dots. ...It is highly likely that this grandpa is actually my Grandpa or a relative. I didn't have to ponder for much time at all as a matter of fact. My mother, father, and brother were all lined up and greeting this grandpa. 

After their very touching reunion, I was once again put into the picture and my doubt was cleared. This man who I had been calling Grandpa was my blood related Grandpa. While I was making an attempt at braiding my brother's silky hair my parents and Grandpa were in the dining room drinking wine and running through the events that had happened.

Just when I thought that I would have to have a heartbreaking separation from my parents once again my mother voiced out, "Will we be moving to our main house in the Central Continent then?"

While I was busy being in a daze my father answered, "Of course, after all we had been planning to move there after Ali finished her camp."

Should I go through and rewrite this story? Yes

Do I need to go through and rewrite this story? Yes

But do I really want to... ... ... nah