Chapter 10

Whispers were heard around me saying that it wasn't possible and it wasn't fair, but just when I thought that they would start hating me one of the girls rushed over to me and started cuddling with me.

"You're so adorable! Like a doll! Yes you are. Yes you are." At this point I don't think I was even considered a student in this class anymore. "Awww, you got a full score, you're so cute!" And I wasn't sure how those two statements even relate to each other.

The girl kept on hugging me as she brought me over to her seat. She sat down(with me in her lap) and continued her test. Not knowing what else to do in this situation, I sneakily bring out a pillow, rest it against her chest, and start my nap.

Ten minutes before the class was going to end, my bed moved and woke me up. Rubbing my eyes, I sat up while hugging my pillow. I stare at Mr. Riler for half a minute before remembering what I wanted to do. Slowly walking up to him while slowly blinking, I ask him,"Mister, can I take your final exam?"

He looked like he was going to talk me out of it - or at lease ask why - but he didn't. As he reached into his desk he said,"Ah, okay." and handed me a very thin packet of papers."A majority of this test is based on your magic skills, not your comprehension of textbooks. However, at your age you might not have the capabilities... actually never mind. I will be in charge of supervising the show of magic skills during the test. Start when you are ready."

I heard the student behind me tense up and start to whisper about how nervous they were for this test. Ignoring them, I study the questions on front of the test. Easy, easy, easy, easy. How is this their final exam? Gripping my hands together I find out that I don't have a pencil in my hands. Not wanting to reach into my pouch - as that would disturb my pillow hugging session - I create a strand of earth magic to make my marks. After I answer those questions, I find myself in another crisis, I can't flip the page...Oh yeah, wind magic. I lift the entire test of the ground and lift it so that I can look straight at it without having to tire out my neck by looking down. I repeat the process of marking and flipping until I come across a question that asks for a attack spell. Not sure what to do I look at Mr. Riler. He responded, taking my test from me he said," Send a attack spell towards the green colored wall. Don't worry about damaging it, as only very ancient spell can."

Nodding at him, I rest my head on the pillow in my arms. How strong should my spell be? I want to leave a good impression... only ancient spells can damage the wall...I should be fine. Creating a small ball, about the size of my fist, of random magics mixed together. I create a very pretty ball in front of my pillow, I was a swirl of black, violet, blue, white, and had specks of gold in the background. It kinda looked like space. Feeling accomplished, I smile a little before sending it at the wall. When it was 5 feet away from hitting the wall, Mr.Riler yelled for it to stop, so I made it stop. "A-Actually can you make it hit the black wall..." his voice got softer with every word he spoke.

Not wanting him to feel bad I reply with a soft okay. I make the ball come back before scooting around to face the black wall. There wasn't much of a climax. I sent the ball and it made cracks and a large dent in the wall, but that was expected right? Since it wasn't the green wall...right? Looking back at the Mister, I see him gaping at the wall. "Mister?" He runs a hand through his hair before saying,"Final test, create a barrier that can shield you from my attack."

"...Mmm" I was getting too sleepy for replying. I create the barrier that I had used when I was walking through a battle field. It was actually very annoying that I had to walk through a battle just to reach my tree bed.

The Mister formed a red blaze that was hovering above his palm."Do you have a barrier?" I wasn't sure why, but he sounded nervous.

"Mmm" I made my barrier glare a bit so that Mister could see it. Mister shot the red blaze at me, but it bounced back to him. He probably didn't expect that it would bounce back twice as fast, but that's just what my barrier does. I can't control it...Oh wait, I can... I had forgotten that this barrier makes the spell bounce back twice as strong and twice as fast. The wall the Mister had his back too must have been a reflective one, because now there was just a ping pong effect of the spell going back and forth between us. I just watched it. It kept on bouncing until the wall gave out, and received a dent and a burn mark.

"...Miss Aliria, the first to achieve a full score on the finals." I guess I was done with this class then. Walking out of the class, I make sure that all of the classes are too easy by popping in and taking the final exams. Satisfied with all the 100%'s on the packets of papers, I open the door to Uncle De's office show them to him.

"I want harder classes." Uncle looked at my papers before heavily leaning his back against the chair he was sitting in.

He looked at me and asked," Ria, on a scale of one to ten, how hard was this course."

With no hesitation I say,"Zero!"

He looks at me again and sighs."Okay, here's my idea. If you take the graduation exam and get at least an A, then on Sundays you can follow the teachers to their class where they learn magic from very powerful mages. Then on the weekdays you can do whatever you want. It that a deal?"

I pretended to think about it before reaching out my hand to shake his."Deal."