Chapter 25

Hmm? What to order? I had a deep expression on my face as  I studied the menu.  With a hesitant expression, I looked up at the waitress and ordered first, "... I'll order all of the dishes except for...no I'll order all of the dishes." The waitress then gave me a very bright smile and rushed off. I sort of tilted my head while wondering if I did what I should have. I close the menu and place it down, and look at the others. "What are you guys going to order?" Ciel, Bane and Zander were glaring at me so hard that I could have been buried into the ground. 

"How are we supposed to afford that? Did you even think about our budget? How are you going to fix this!"I shrunk into my seat while the three of them were scolding me.

In a soft voice I began to redeem judgment, "...I was rewarded for all the matches I won...so...I can pay for it..." Luckily Key, who was sitting right next to me heard that and scolded the boys for scolding me. Zander, who was to my right, wisely stayed silent and taking the scolding while the two others were trying to defend themselves while getting into deeper trouble. In the middle of her scolding, a group of completely different waiters showed up with professionals smiles and a multitude of platters in the arms. 

They elegantly placed all of the dishes down and told us, "If you have anything else you need, please ring this bell. " They placed down a silver bell that had engravings and a gold ring around the bottom edge. "Enjoy your meal."

I hadn't even picked up my fork before Zander, Bane, and Ciel had their large plates full of food. Zander had taken all of the parts that were my favorite parts. Sulking, I eyed the plate of food on my right. Slowly picking up my fork, I stab at the Wagyu Ribeye Steak and transfer it to my plate. Sneakily using my eyes to glance around the table, I press a smirk down and continue taking food. This was actually a lot more convenient than having to reach across the table. Zander didn't notice, and no on else cared, so all was great. I kept taking food until I became full and waved a waiter over to pay. As if he was waiting for this his entire life he spoke in a peppy voice, "That will total up to 103,000 gold."

Finding myself in a minor crisis I give a polite smile and ask, "Is it alright to pay in platinum?"

The smile on the  waiters face froze, as did everyone who was listening to our conversation.

"Can I?" Hearing no response, I heavily sigh and begin counting out the gold. To my luck, another person, probably the manager or something gave the answer of yes. Happily taking out 10 platinum coins and three pouches of 1000 gold coins, I hand them all over and them wave for the to stop crowding the table. I left the restaurant in high spirits, but somehow I felt that Gray, Ashton, and Zander were dissatisfied.  So naturally, I asked them to voice their opinions.

"We could have used that money for a better Inn."

"I-We could have bought such high level equipment."

"Why would you waste so much money on food?"

I bit my bottom lip hearing these complaints, but I really had no clue what to do. I didn't think that I had spent much money. After all I still had more that 95% of what I started out with. Not wanting to stress them even more, I let out a meek okay and get ready to sleep. 

~•~

Today was the first "true" day of the tournament, after all the major part of the competitors had been narrowed down to those who could truly fight, and there would mostly likely be underestimating. After all, o matter their age, if they had made it this far, there had to be a reason for that.

At the entrance we had to line up once again and our numbers were replaced with our names. It was a rather luxurious pin. Mine had a matte black base with silver letters and a double lined border. Looking at it gleefully I pin it onto my sleeve.

The outfit I was wearing today was actually forced on my Key. It was a sort of iridescent silver blouse that had frilly sleeves looked as if it had been wrapped around my body and then somehow ended in a sash that was tied diagonally across by front and back. My pants were a simple black that reached the middle of my calf with a silver trim around the very bottom, and a few thin silver chains that looped and hung around it. I was given sandals that gave a roman feels with the many strips of brown leather reached a bit above my ankles. Then I was forced to sit down and let Key do my hair. In the two hours I was sitting down and waiting, I had been given three thin Dutch Braids across the top right of my head and two more one the top left and bottom left that ultimately ended up in a ponytail. The reason for this moderately flashy outfit was because "first impressions are important",or so Key says, but I didn't argue.

Being one of the first to be called out, I didn't have time to find a seat with the rest of the group, and since I was told I would be on that area until I won 30 matches I didn't really bother to think about finding a seat first. I took my sweet time in strolling over to Arena 5, but no one complained or really cared so it didn't matter. While I was sauntered over I noticed that I was being scrutinized. The fact in itself didn't really bother me, but the fact that it was from the VIP section of the seats made me a little conscious of myself. I made the decision to wait patiently for my opponent and not make a fuss in case those who were watching me were of high positions.

Thankfully, I didn't have to daydream for too long till my opponent came. He was a rather skinny guy with pale skin, hazel eyes, and dark black hair and clothes. Also, him name was Clio. He must have had trained his reflexes for while now, because once the ref had blown the whistle, within a quarter of a second he was dashing towards me with his hand having a bright green slicing towards me. It was very praise worthy, however, I had ten more opponents that the last time, so if I wanted to have a meal and get some rest today, I wouldn't have time to mess around.

Avoiding his fatal attack, I was about to rush forward and used my hand to hit him like the last matches, but then I decide to try something new. Focusing on gathering mental energy on my space, I then send it out and gently knock against his head using the energy to render him unconscious.

~~~

" G-Grandmaster, what brings you to the tournament this year?"

The Grandmaster turned his head toward, the current king, "James, who is that young lady with silver hair?"