Chapter 11

Uncle De and I had created a deal, but apparently the earliest time I could take the graduation exam was in a month. So basically, I had a month to wander the school and do whatever I want. Here's the thing, I don't know what to do.

I had spent 3 days hibernating in my room before I felt like I wanted to do something. Taking classes is too easy. Eating...I think I ate an hour ago? Sleeping...I just woke up... I spent quite a while thinking before deciding to visit some classes. Knowing that I was going to be traveling around the school, I grab all my necessities ranked in the order of priority. First my pillow, then my blanket...my ID, pencil case, money and... lunch menu? After looking around my room for things to dump into my pouch, I create a flying carpet with my creation power. Wait, did the history textbook even mention that as a power you could have? ...I probably just forgot... Stepping up onto the carpet, I take out a candy bar from my space kitchen. Having a gut feeling that this was going to take a while, I make myself comfortable before giving myself a tour around the academy.

I had almost gone through the entire left wing of the school before a group of 17 to 18 year old boys blocked my path.

"Hey Michael! This girl looks exactly like your sister."

"Why is you sister on a floating carpet?"

"Was your sister always this cute?"

I saw Michael make his way towards me, when his eyes met mine his jaw dropped."Why are you here?" Right after he asked that he dropped to his knees," I didn't mean it like that. I just meant that your too young to be going to this school. This school specifically. Mother and father didn't send you here by choice right? Are you being bullied? You know if you are you can go to the Headmaster, he is actually your Uncle-" I cut off his ranting with a question.

"You go to school here?" I tilt my head in slight confusion. If I knew that he had gone to school here I would have visited him, maybe even join his class. Seeing as he didn't respond I as another question," Is this your class?" I nod toward the closest door to the group.

My brother covers his face before saying,"... Yes, this is my class."

Silently cheering that he responded, I fly my carpet into the class. Looking around in confusion I turn back to my brother," Why is there no one here?"

Brother finally uncovers his face, but it is bright red."That's because it's lunch break right now. Everyone is in the dining hall."

I slowly nod my head in understanding, wanting to meet the teacher of this class I bring my carpet to the very front of the classroom, right in front of the first row of seats. "I will wait here. Brother can go to the dining hall." I wasn't sure why, but his group of friends started laughing at him and slapping his back. Walking towards me he hold out his hand for me to grab. Not sure why I just hold his hand, still siting on the carpet.

"Come on, you can come with my me to get some lunch." Nodding, I hop off the carpet and jump onto his back.

Then not sure if I was allowed to I ask for confirmation," Can you carry me on your back?"

When he didn't respond, one of his friends helpfully threw out that he would be very willing to carry me. However when my brother looked in his direction, he turned very pale and started a cold sweat. Thinking he forgot about me I stayed silent as he started to walk. While he was walking I started wondering if he was in charge of this friend group. There was a sort of triangle formation they would walk in, and my brother was the tip.

Right as we entered the doors to the dining hall many, many, many girls surrounded the group. The other guys acted like bodyguards, keeping the girls away from us. Brother then walked over to the lunch line to buy his food. Seeing my brother get out his ID I take mine out too. He would show the ID to the lady and the lady would give him a menu. Wanting to do the same thing, I pull his sleeve a bit to try to get him to let me down. Walking up to the lady I show her my ID. After she scans it she gasps a little. Immediately, she bends down a bit to match my height and takes out a notebook and pen, and then asks me what I would like to have.

After thinking for a little I say," Tell the chef to cook something he wants to." and then I give the lady a smile. She nods, gives me a number while gesturing for me to take a seat, and then runs off to the kitchen, leaving a line a students wanting to order waiting. Only a few seconds after the lady ran into the kitchen I hear a guy yell out, in distress? I didn't have to wait very long - only a few minute or so - before she came out of the kitchen with a silver tray in her hand and a professional smile on her face.

"Sorry for the wait, I hope you enjoy your meal."

Thanking her I take the tray and look back at my brother. For some reason he wasn't saying anything and just staring at me. It was kind of uncomfortable actually. To avoid his stare I look down at my food while eating during the entire meal.

After we finished eating I followed him to his class, staying a few steps behind him, trying to be as silent as possible. Then out of nowhere, he let out a huge sigh and turned around to face me," I'm not mad okay?" He squatted down to match my height," I just want to know why you have a ID at this school."

Feeling guilty for not telling him I explain myself to him, starting from how the letter came stating I had to go, and ending with the deal I made with Uncle De. After I finished my explanation I look into his eyes to gauge how angry he was going to be. To my surprise he only said." Ah, okay." Before hoisting me onto his back and carrying me to the classroom.

There were still  around 8 minutes till the bell, so there weren't too many people in the class yet. Taking a seat on my carpet, I wait for the teacher and the students to arrive. It must have been very good luck or something, because I found out that brother had a seat right behind my carpet...Even though I was very sure that his seat was near the back of the room and by the window... or I remembered wrong.

The class hadn't started yet, but the teacher had arrived and was staring very intensely at my brother and I. Remembering I never told him who I was, I fly my carpet over to his desk to show him my ID.

" Ah, Aliria, what a pleasure for you to have chosen my class." He says in a very wise sounding manner, though he didn't look to be very old, like wise people usually do. I would guess for him to be in his early thirties.  I was studying his appearance when his voice startled me," Michael, may I ask since when have you ever sat in the front of the class?"

Confused I turn back to look at him, only to find him busy reading.