Chapter 22

Key helped support them to sit up starting from Grey. Once they all sat up, everyone except for Zander looked a bit dazed. As if they were in major disbelief, which is understandable, because they were just in a life threatening situation that may have been seen as shocking. 

Standing up, I brush the dirt off my legs and study the surrounding. This area really was quite abnormal looking. In fact, this entire situation was very aberrant for a horde of medium leveled animals to be so violent and have such a strong eagerness for destruction. From only studying the situation it seemed like a person or group had provoked the animals and added a drug the create further results. Frowning a bit, I brush it off, but remind myself to keep this incident in the back of my mind. 

I turn back around to check on how bad the groups condition is, but was met with straight backs and neutral expressions as if nothing had ever happened. Knowing not to stare too long, my gaze quietly focused onto Key for the instruction on what to do next. 

However, nothing happened, because during this time we were all stealthily sneaking peeks of each other. There was a heavy silence in the air, until it was broken by Zander and another guy briskly walked away from the circle we had formed and toward the city while complaining about how long this was taking. Not quite sure what to do, I didn't move from my spot until the leader, Key, followed the boys.

Since we were "all" so hungry once we entered the main square of Ayrid we entered the first restaurant that entered Bane's -the guy accompanying Zander- eyes. This restaurant also just so happened to be a high class cuisine that I didn't even know we could afford. When in actuality, Silver Leaf Academy has a Mission Point System open to students with a certain degree of strength. These point that you can accumulate can be converted into money to be placed in your card. Originally, I had thought that the academy was quite simple and straightforward, but it has a wide network of connections with all kinds of shops and organization.

As I follow the group I subconsciously bite my lip in frustration, thinking back to how Uncle De only gave me such a shallow explanation of what went on in his academy. I had been there for almost half a year, but only thought of it as a place only to take classes. The Mercenary Guild, missions, Point System, the special students, I had never heard of them.

Making myself feel even more helpless, I keep on lamenting on how exciting it could have been at Silver Leaf. Sighing, I sit down between Key and Zander and hesitantly open up the menu. For being a person who had rarely handled money, even I knew that five zeros on the first thing I saw was out of my capabilities. Gently shutting the menu, I wait for everyone to make their own order. All of their dishes individually had cost at least 20,000 gold coins. I couldn't even begin to imagine how wealthy they were. 

The waiter had gone off and Key had gotten the attention of the group. " We have faced a minor set back, but if we rush, we will still be able to make it for the tournament.  Remember that you are representing our school during this time and you have to do your best as the elite students."

They all directed their eyes onto me. Unsure of what was happening I look at Key. She only responded with a light hum, and started to ask strange questions, " When is your birthday, Aliria?"

Thinking for a short while I remember the date and respond, " In two weeks."

"How old are you right now?"

Once again, I count how old I was right now, " ...ten years old."

"Do you have any siblings at the academy?"

"Micheal"

"How much money do you have right now?"

"...None," I had never had a need for money until now. Everything was provided for me, or I could somehow create it. I felt like my answers didn't really matter though. It was as if I was at a interview and the questions just kept on firing.

"How did you learn magic?"

"Books and teacher."

"What is your cultivation level right now?"

Thinking back to it, when I had gotten it measured Mr. Ruthlock didn't tell me. Now having the question too, I give a short, "I don't know."

Key opened her mouth to ask me more questions when Zander interrupted her saying the food arrived. Pursing her lips a bit she announced to the group, "Let's eat." 

I hadn't been planning to grab a whole lot of food, as I didn't pay, but Key just kept on giving me more and more food. More fish, vegetables, meat, and the best parts too. The boy across from Key started mumbling something that wasn't audible. I didn't know what he said but Key spoke very simply, " Shut it, Ciel."