We Put Things In Place

Sara (@SarcasticGirl10), if you're reading this, thank you. Your comment made me update two parts in one day. This part literally is for you :)

“You’re up early?” Amy’s father noted as she bustled into the kitchen at 6 in the morning. “Please tell me you slept at night.” He narrowed his eyes.

“Sure I did.” The lie slipped through. It was almost three when Ames and the boys had finally come back home. And it’s a universal rule with the young generation-if you need to wake up at five, you might as well not sleep the night. And that’s just what they’d done.

If you ran Sugar And Spice, you got up early-that was the simple rule number 1. Amy was still working on that.

“Good morning.” Zahaan yawned as he came into the kitchen behind Amy. Jamshed raised an eyebrow at his nephew.

“You’re up early too.” He noted. And then, it got too much for Jamshed, because Jehan stepped into the kitchen too. “Okay what’s going on here?”

Three pairs of eyes looked at him questioningly.

“You kids never get up so early. What’s going on?” Jamshed asked.

“Nothing Dad, just thought we’d try this whole getting up early thing.” Amy shrugged.

And after a minute of awkward (And on Jamshed’s part, suspicious) silence, Jehan had to open his big fat mouth. “Do you know where the bakery keys are?”

Zahaan and Amy turned to glare at him and give him dirty looks for asking such an obvious question. Jamshed just stared at them, shocked. “You’re going to the bakery?” Then his eyes zeroed in on Amy, and he knew. Just looking at her, he knew.

“Are you CRAZY? What is wrong with you, man?! How are you my brother?” Zahaan admonished Jehan for almost ratting them out.

“What? How else would we’ve known?”

“ I KNEW WHERE THEY WERE YOU ASS! I could’ve got them!”

“Guys, you really need to chill, okay? This is cool. I’ll just talk to Dad when we get home.”

“You’re screwed. He’s going to stop you before you can do a thing.”

“No I don’t think so. He’ll be okay with it as long as I know what I’m doing.”

“Ames, they’re parents. They always have a problem with whatever we want to do on our own.” Zahaan shook his head and continued glaring at a sheepish Jeh.

“Right. So, this is the bakery….” Amy and the boys stood in the middle of the bakery, looking around. It was obvious they were clueless, but Amy was trying to remember what Gramps used to do every day as he walked in.

A twelve year old Amy entered the bakery, trailing behind her grandfather. “Grandpa, I think there’s a ghost here.” She said.

“Why?” He asked, amused.

“Whenever I see it, all the tables and chairs are in place, not against the wall! Definitely a ghost!”

Grandpa had a hearty laugh and ruffled her hair. “It’s not a ghost, it’s just the boys. They sleep here.”

“Then they should put it back in place when the wake up.” She frowned. “I always put Jerry back in place.”

“Well, why don’t you help me put them in place? You need to set everything up.”

With a deep breath, she turned to a blank pair of brothers. “We put things in place.”

“Isn’t that someone else’s job?” Zahaan frowned. Amy hid a smile.