Chapter 7: Cloud

The boy, standing right in front of me introduced himself as my hyung.

"Hello, my name is Kang Gureum. Pleased to meet you," he bowed.

My eyes were shot opened. I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. I've been wishing to have one, and it looks like the saints and angels answered my prayers. I was so happy and excited, but I was also confused. Despite of all these overflowing happiness, I am baffled. How come? How come I got a hyung now? As far as I know, I am an only child.

I've been playing by myself for the past seven years before I got to meet my friends here in Seoul. I got nobody to call as 'hyung'. I got nobody to play with inside the house other than appa and omma. It was always the three of us, but now someone just popped in front of our door and introduced himself as a member of our family.

Who are you, and why are you here

"Jungkook, it's time for you to introduce yourself to you hyung." Omma smiled at me.

I was nervous. There's a part in my heart that tells me not to but not because I don't want to. There's this feeling of aversion existing inside me but it's not because I hate him. I was dead for a minute. I am lost.

"It's okay, you don't need to if you can't do it right now. You may be confused right now and I don't want to force you. Don't worry, I'll be waiting." the boy smiled. He looked at me in the most subdued expression.

He looked soft for a moment.

He looked like a cloud.

"I'll be waiting, until you're ready to accept me as your hyung." he smiled.

His smile was very beautiful, but it looked different from all the smiles I've seen.

Because behind that angelic smile,

lies his own sorrow and loneliness.

Appa and omma smiled at the two of us.

"Wait for a while, I'll be cooking tonight's dinner." omma said as she placed all of my coffee buns on the counter. She grabbed her floral patterned apron and started to take out all the ingredients from the fridge.

Appa took off his coat and guided the boy to his room. He will be using the room next to me, the one with the softest mattress. I used to choose that before, but I like my current room more. It's good that I ended up not choosing it, there'll a place for him to relax here inside our house.

A place where he can play, he can sleep, and cry.

A place where he can do anything he wants to.

A place where he can be his true self.

Well, I do hope that he'll do that, he seemed to be holding himself back.

I went back in the living room to put all my books and other school necessities inside my backpack. After cleaning up, I went upstairs to relax inside my room while waiting for dinner. I gently lay myself on the bed while spreading my arms wide. Staring blankly at the ceiling, I was thinking of all the unpredicted things that might happen tomorrow, and the day next to it, and all the days that were already waiting ahead of us.

Today, I met a boy who is to be my hyung.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll get a little brother.

Or maybe Taehyung will start to like me,

or Jimin might stop clinging too much from me,

or Namjoon getting a failing score on our English quiz.