Chapter One

Lina's P.O.V.:

"Good morning Inuchiyo!" a 26 year old me greeted happily as my childhood friend, affectionately known as Inuchiyo by me but known as Toshiie to others, stepped into my grandma's restaurant.

"Morning Lina!" he greeted back with a huge grin. "Looks like it's another busy day here eh?"

I tilted my head a bit as I gave him a smile.

"As usual, besides.. today's a weekend. Furthermore, the war has already ended..."

Inuchiyo's eyes softened at my words.

He knows how much I hate the war... I hate it when I see the male family members of my neighbours going to war and never returning... I know what happened to them. I also hate it when I serve my customers and they tell me with a wry smile that they're being sent to fight in the war... I hate serving their food knowing it might be their last meal... Ultimately, according to my grandma, my parents were killed during the war... I never want another war to happen again...

But now I can finally breathe a sigh of relief because Oda Nobunaga, also known as the Devil's Hand, the lord of my province, has managed to sign a peace contract with the other lords from the other province since five months back...

As a result of that everyone is now able to travel freely from one country to another. In fact, the other lords are so in love with my grandma's cooking that they always come regularly to my grandma's restaurant...

However there's one big problem.. Yes they have signed a peace contract but no they don't talk when they're here. Each lord sat with their retainer/s at separate tables...

Like right now...

Katakura Kojuro, the retainer of Date Masamune, nodded to me so I nodded to Inuchiyo who understood and went to seat himself with his usual gang...

"Morning Kojuro sama." I said with a smile as I bowed slightly to him before turning to Lord Masamune. "Morning to you too Lord Masamune."

Kojuro smiled at me.

"I told you to just call me Kojuro didn't I Lina?" he said with a soft smile.

I smiled back at him but Lord Masamune just glanced at me from his left eye before closing it.

Erm did I say something wrong?

Kojuro however saw that...

He elbowed Lord Masamune discreetly but the latter didn't budge.

I was starting to feel a bit awkward before Kojuro continued the conversation.

"Pardon my lord Lina. He's a bit cranky nowadays and I have no idea why.."

I gave another smile before taking out my pad and pen from my apron pocket which was tied around my yukata.

"It's okay Kojuro. So are you both ready to order?"

Kojuro nodded as he replied me.

"Yea can I get one bowl of oshiruko and a dish of zunda-mochi?"

"Yup. I'll send it to your table once I'm done." I answered as Kojuro gave me another smile.

But soon two voices called me. I always try to avoid those two mischievous voices just to annoy them..

"Lina here! We know you've been avoiding us!"

"Yea we know you've been trying to take our order last!"

I sighed as I turned away but I noticed Kojuro's eyebrow twitching in annoyance and Lord Masamune opened an eye lazily to look at the owner of the voices...