Chapter Fourteen

This is a picture of a blushing Yukimura, 😁

*~*

Lina's P.O.V.:

"Little lady, I've been meaning to ask you... Who gave you that hair clip?" Saizo asked as I served Lord Shingen, him and Yukimura their dishes.

"Erm..." I blushed as I looked away... "Someone..."

Lord Shingen rolled his eyes at me.

"I know it's someone Lina. Can't be an animal gave you that right? It must be a smart one to do that."

I blushed even more as he said it and I quickly glanced at Yukimura who was also blushing.. Our eyes met before we quickly looked away.

Saizo and Lord Shingen however, noticed our exchange and I saw a grin formed on Lord Shingen's face as Saizo frowned at Yukimura then at me..

"So? Who gave you that?"

"Yuimmmur..." I murmured as I shuffled my feet uncomfortably back and forth.

"Huh? Whhhooooo???" Lord Shingen teased as he cupped a hand to his ear, leaning towards me. "I can't hear you! You have to speak up!"

I took a deep breath and quickly turned to walk away when Saizo held my arm.

"Wait you haven't answer me yet."

"Let go of her arm!" Yukimura suddenly yelled at Saizo, still with his flushed face.

The whole restaurant turned to look at us as Masamune unsheathed his sword.. This time, only Lord Shigezane is with him...

"Let go of her arm Kirigakure Saizo..." Masamune said in a threatening voice as Lord Shigezane stood up with a bright smile, trying to calm the situation down.

"Alright-alright come on boys! We can talk about this can't we?"

"Hey!" Ieyasu shouted as he banged his table and stood up. "Why does he get to touch Lina and we don't?!"

"Yea! Come on this is war!" Hideyoshi banged the table too and followed Ieyasu as Mitsuhide sighed and pulled Ieyasu down by his collar onto his seat while Mitsunari did the same to Hideyoshi.

"Thank god Toshiie isn't here due to his training... God knows he will go berserk too if he sees the guys fawning over his crush..." Lord Nobunaga sighed.

"Saizo..." I whisper yelled. "Let. Go."

Saizo stared me down before a cheeky grin appeared on his face.

"Not until you tell me who gave you that..."

"It's Yukimura okay!" I said out loud as Saizo frowned before letting go of my arm.

"Why? What's the occasion?" Saizo asked suspiciously as the restaurant got more lively and noisy...

"Yea what gives?!" Ieyasu yelled as he looked at Lord Nobunaga. "I want an advance in my pay! I want to buy an expensive gift for her too!"

"Yea! Me too Lord Nobunaga!" Hideyoshi piped up. "Give me two months in advance for my salary! Sneaky Yukimura! Buying a gift for our Lina! For a shy person he sure moves fast doesn't he?!?"

Lord Nobunaga sighed in frustration as he massaged his temple, signalling to Mitsuhide and Mitsunari to handle his other two retainers...

"So, you're dating her?" Masamune asked Yukimura bluntly.

I shook my head violently.

"No! The night I was almost raped Yukimura got it for me to comfort me!" I shrieked to get everyone's attention...

I then groaned mentally when I saw my grandma coming out from the kitchen, a ladle in her hand.

"What's this about Lina dating Yukimura sama?!? Yahiko came to tell me!" my grandma shouted as she waddled to where Lord Shingen was sitting and stood in front of a standing Yukimura.

Even though Yukimura towers over my grandma, he was still intimidated by her and trembled when she raised her ladle to his face.

"I don't care whether you're a lord or not but you stay away from my granddaughter! You got it?!?"

"Grandma, nee chan is already 26 years old..." Yahiko groaned from the kitchen as my grandma snapped, continuing to brandish her ladle in front of Yukimura's face.

"I rather she be a spinster then end up with a guy! You never know when it comes to guys!"

GRANDMA!!! HOW COULD YOU WISH FOR ME TO BE A SPINSTER!!!

Did my grandpa cheat on her or what??? I don't remember any such drama in our family history...

"I'll... I'll... treat her well?" Yukimura spluttered suddenly as everyone's eyes widened at what he said.

"So you are dating her eh... Let's take this outside..." Saizo said calmly as he took out his sword and kunai, standing up to stare down at Yukimura.

"What was that about rape..." Masamune asked dangerously as he pushed Lord Shigezane aside.

Even Ieyasu, Hideyoshi and Mitsuhide had killing intent as Lord Shingen, Lord Nobunaga and Mitsunari looked at Yukimura suspiciously.

"Did you rape her?" my grandma asked in a low and dangerous voice as Yukimura's eyes widened, hands frantically waving in front of him.

"Oh I get it!" Lord Shigezane snapped his fingers as he pointed at my hair clip. "He was trying to rape you but when you got scared he gave you a gift to comfort you! So that's what happened!"

Lord Shigezane please don't make it worse than it already is!!!

"WHAT?!?" Yukimura and I yelled together. "NO!!! THAT IS SO NOT WHAT HAPPENED!!!"

"Then what actually happened..." Mitsunari suddenly spoke as I quickly answered everyone.

"The sleazy magistrate was trying to rape me when Yukimura came to my rescue!"

Everyone's posture relaxed as some of them went "Ohhhh... So that's what happened..."

I breathed a sigh of relief as I snapped my eyes in annoyance to Saizo.

He knew what happened yet he pretended to not know and let everyone think Yukimura was the one who tried to rape me!

Saizo just grinned back at my irritation as everyone got back to their conversation... Even Lord Shigezane was succeeding in calming down Masamune...

"Lina... We'll talk after your shift is over." my grandma told me as she shuffled back to the kitchen...