Chapter Nineteen

A photo of Yukimura

A photo of Yukimura.

*~*

Lina's P.O.V.:

It's been two weeks since Lord Nobunaga's wedding with Umeko...

I have been avoiding Yukimura... To the point I don't take orders from Lord Shingen's table anymore... Even upon payment for their food I will greet all of them but will only chat with Lord Shingen and Saizo.....

"Something on your mind?" a familiar voice spoke as I looked up into baby blue eyes...

"Oh... Kon-konbawa Yu-Yuk-Yukimura..."

"You already finished your shift and it's so late already so why are you still here?" he said as he plopped beside me on the grass, joining me in looking at the moon and the lake...

"I..." I was about to answer before I stopped myself...

Who am I kidding? I already decided who I like... My heart beats the fastest when I'm around him... He's the only one who hasn't confessed... That's why I can't make up my mind... I've been waiting for him... Waiting for him to say something all this while... But the more he keeps quiet about it... The more it hurts me...

"Lina?"

"Sorry..." I apologised as I stood up. "I gotta go."

"Huh?"

I'll know it's love when my feelings stay even when the person leaves...

I began to walk away when Yukimura pulled me onto him, making me fall and straddle onto his lap..

"Yu-yu-Yukimura kun!" I blurted the nickname I've been giving him mentally as I covered my mouth.

Yukimura's cheeks blushed a deep tomato red as he blinked at me in bewilderment.

"Wh... Wha-... What did you just call me?????"

I swallowed my saliva as I held back my tears of embarrassment...

Saizo did say he likes me but Yukimura himself hasn't said anything all this while... Maybe he realised it's just infatuation all this while...

I struggled to stand up again when Yukimura held me tightly by my waist.

"Stay..." he suddenly whispered in a hoarse voice as I looked at him with a surprised look.

"It's... It's inappropriate for me-..."

"It's not... It's not Lina..." Yukimura said as he tucked a hair behind my ear, making my heart thump faster..

"It's not because I love you." he said simply, still with a slight blush on his face.

I struggled with myself to not believe what he just said... It's simply too good to be true...

"Why..."

"Because I just do..."

"Wha-..."

"When you love someone, you just do. There are no buts, no maybes, no whys. You just do..." Yukimura whispered as he stared intently at me.

"I don't have fancy reasons to tell you like what I heard the other guys did... I've been missing out a lot with you... Inuchiyo and Saizo are your childhood friends..."

"Wait. How did you know about my friendship with Saizo??" I interrupted.

"Erm... Saizo told me..."

I bit my lip as I kept quiet.. In a way to let him continue...

He took a deep breath before speaking again...

"I heard about my long-time rival Masamune liking you as he told me to take care of you if I end up with you since he knows I like you too so even he had a chance to spend time with you.. Kojuro got to see you everytime Yahiko brings you along to his falconry training and Mitsuhide got you as his date to Lord Nobunaga's wedding... And me? The only time I got to spend with you was the time you almost got violated... I know not the best moment but I kept scolding myself as that's the only time I spent the most with you..."

My breath hitched at his confession...

Damn this Yukimura... He says he's not going to give me fancy reasons but he just did discreetly...

"I know currently I have the weakest reason to give you... I love you because I just do..."

My lips quivered as I answered him...

"I... I love you... I also... can't put into words why only you make me feel this way... For Saizo and Inuchiyo, I care deeply for them and love them as my childhood friends... For Masamune, I love him as a person who is a kind man just misunderstood by the society... I love Kojuro because he's like the cousin that Yahiko and I never had and Mitsuhide... I love him for being a thoughtful and caring person as he considers everyone's feelings around him... But you..." I said as I looked into Yukimura's baby blue eyes, getting lost in them.

"When the other guys are gone from my sight, I don't feel anything... But when you are gone... I feel a strange pain tugging at my heart..." I chuckled nervously as I neared our faces till our foreheads touch. "You know you've got it bad when you've miss something you've never had..."

Yukimura's blush deepened as he raised his palm to caress my cheek.

"I love you so much it hurts... I know you're hurting too but we can't help it I guess since... We're in love..."

I gave a laugh as I pecked his lips before standing up.

Yukimura blinked in surprise before standing up too, looking bewildered.

"Did you just kiss me?!"

I grinned as I nodded.

"Yep."

"It was my first kiss!"

"Same for me!"

"I wanted to be the one to initiate it!" Yukimura pouted as I giggled.

"Aww too bad for you then Yukimura." I teased as I tried to skip away from him when he hugged me, pulling me into his warmth.

"The other one..." he whispered and I smiled to myself as I hugged him back.

"Yukimura kun..."