Chapter Twenty-Five

A picture of Yukimura

*~*

"You... have... no right... to judge my story by... the chap-chapter... you walked in on..." Lina whisper yelled.

"You have no idea what your ancestors did! They declared war on so many countries we lost a huge chunk of our people!" Lord Nobunaga bellowed as Lina clung tightly onto Yukimura's hakama.

"You know what's funny Lord Nobunaga? What screws us up most is the picture in our head of how it's supposed to be..."

"What do you mean..."

"What consumes your mind controls your life!" Lina spat with anger as she shook her head, fighting the urge to go back to sleep.

Her eyes then flew open as she stared straight into Lord Nobunaga's dark brown eyes.

"You are only confined by the walls you build yourself!"

Lord Nobunaga's eyes suddenly faltered...

Lina's eyes softened when she saw the fear in his eyes.

"I get it Lord Nobunaga... It's not the future that you're afraid of... It's repeating the past that makes you anxious... neh?"

Lord Nobunaga's raised hand holding his sword slowly but surely dropped to his side as Lina smiled at him.

"You are a strong leader. Definitely much much better than me and Yahiko put together... But one thing I know... I wouldn't change the way things are even if god gives me the chance to... I wouldn't change you in being the leader because... you deserve that position... Not by bloodline, lineage or heritage... You deserve it because of your potential..."

Lord Nobunaga never spoke a word as Lina continued.

"You've done well... You've earned your rights as a leader and have gotten this far... I'm proud of you.. Lord Oda Nobunaga..." Lina tilted her head and smiled at him. "And that... is a compliment... from the Princess herself..."

Lord Nobunaga didn't even blink once as he sheathed his sword, closed his eyes and got onto his horse.

"What the hell are the rest of you waiting for?!" Lord Nobunaga bellowed as he stared at the other samurais belonging to him. "Head back now!"

"My-my lord... Does that mean... you're calling this off???" a samurai asked as Lord Nobunaga tsked in annoyance.

"Are you questioning me?!?"

The samurai quickly blurted an apology as the rest of them got onto their horses, some walked on foot since their horses ran off...

"Where's Mitsuhide?" Lord Nobunaga asked as Toshiie went to his side and whispered what happened.

"Hm..." Lord Nobunaga nodded as he turned to Lord Shingen. "Once one of your ninja named Hotaru has reached Lord Masamune's castle with Mitsuhide please inform me."

Lord Shingen took a few seconds to register the request as he then nodded back.

"Will do, Lord Nobunaga."

Lina smiled at the scene as she closed her eyes, loosening her grip on Yukimura's hakama.

"Hey-hey!" Yukimura called out frantically as he shook her body a bit. "Come on! It's a happy ending! Don't sleep!"

"Lemme sssleeep..." Lina mumbled as Yukimura's blue eyes turned desperate.

"You can't!" he cried out as he suddenly brought his lips down onto her and pushed his tongue into her mouth, fumbling for her tongue and biting it sharply.

Lina's eyes flew opened as she used her bloodied hands to push his face away from hers...

"What was that for?!?"

"That's what I would like to know too..." Saizo suddenly spoke, landing a few metres away from them.

"Explain yourself Sanada Yukimura..." Lord Masamune said, venom lacing his tone.

"Wait-wait! I did that to make her stay awake!"

Lina scowled as she beat his shoulder.

"Dummy! I'm not going to die just because my hands are bleeding this much! I just wanted to rest!"

Yukimura's face blushed a deep tomato red as he digested what she just said..

"Oh... I thought..."

"You're a samurai and you didn't know that I won't die from this kind of wound?!?"

"Well you've never been in a fight before so I won't know how well you'll fare!"

Lina clicked her tongue in irritation as she blushed when she remembered what Yukimura did...

"You tongue-kissed me!"

"Huh? Wha-..."

"You pushed your tongue into my mouth and bit it! I feel so violated!" Lina squealed in embarrassment as Lord Masamune unsheathed his sword.. Meanwhile, Saizo took out a kunai and Kojuro held up his sword...

All three guys narrowed their eyes at Yukimura..

"You are so dead... Sanada Genjirou Yukimura..." the three of them whispered as Yukimura's face turned ashen...

"Alright stop this nonsense." Lord Shingen sighed as Lord Kenshin went over to Yukimura..

"The Princess please." Lord Kenshin said as he held his arms out.

Yukimura was about to protest when Lord Kenshin gave a sigh.

"I'm her family's protector. So it's only right I tend to her and make sure she gets well. It's the code of the samurai." he said simply as Yukimura grumbled before passing Lina to him...