Chapter Nine

This is a picture of an adult Saizo looking down at a younger version of him and Lina

*~*

Lina's P.O.V.:

"Here's your dango Saizo!" I huffed as I held out a pouch larger in size compared to the time I gave him when he confessed to me.

"Thank you Lina." Saizo thanked with a smile as he took the pouch from me.

I crossed my arms and frowned.

"It's certainly weird that you're not calling me little lady anymore."

"I told you already. I'm in love with you. Yes I will still call you my little lady but I'll start calling you by your name more."

I frowned even more at the ninja.

"And why is that so?

"I like the way your name sounds."

I rolled my eyes at his compliment.

"Besides, you promised me that we'll talk about my confession right?"

The frown disappeared off my face as I looked away from him.

"I'm sorry Saizo... I just can't... I don't have any feelings for you..." I whispered as I felt Saizo's heated gaze on me.

"Then look into my eyes and tell me no." was his curt reply.

I just can't...

I couldn't do it with Inuchiyo too... Because I'm afraid if I see that broken look in their eyes, I will quickly change my answer just to make them happy...

"You heard me loud and clear Saizo..." I said as I walked away from him. "If there's nothing else I have to go back. My break is ending soon."

He pulled my arm which caused my yukata to yank a bit, uncovering a bit of my neck...

"Are those love bites?" Saizo asked suspiciously as I remembered what happened a few nights back...

The love bites are fading but they're certainly there... I didn't tell anyone about what happened as I don't want to blow the matter up. Yukimura too promised to keep mum about the incident and the magistrate and his henchmen hasn't shown up at my grandma's restaurant anymore...

"N-n-n-no!" I stammered as I pulled my arm away from Saizo and pulled my yukata's collar to cover my neck.

"I know what the hell is that Lina. Who did that to you? I know you don't have a boyfriend and you are certainly not the type of woman to go around fooling with random guys." Saizo said calmly as he approached me.

I backed away from him, trembling with fear when I realised he has me pinned against the same sakura tree that he engraved our names... My body reflex was remembering what happened when I was trapped in that alley...

Saizo saw the fear in my eyes and his red eyes softened as he took few steps back..

"You're never afraid even when I pin you numerous times against this tree... Why are you so frightened now.."

I bit my lips as I gazed hard at the ground...

"It's-it's... It's nothing..." I stuttered as Saizo frowned, raising my chin to look up at him.

"Come on Lina... Who did this... Who did that to your neck and caused you to have this anxiety..."

I took deep breaths to calm myself before answering him..

"It's no big deal... The problem has been dealt with... Yukimura sama sent me home..."

Saizo's red eyes flared with anger. Undeniable anger...

Crap I said the wrong thing!

"Yukimura did this..." he said, letting go of my chin and taking a step back, trembling with rage.

"No no!" I said in panic. "He didn't do this! It was the sleazy magistrate! If Yukimura sama hadn't come in time to save me then I would have been raped that night!"

Saizo's body relaxed as a frown crossed his face.

"How did Yukimura know where you were that night?"

"Erm... He said he saw me walking about the village and decided to talk to me but lost track of me... Then he heard me screaming for help and that's how he found me..."

"It's still his fault." Saizo said coldly as my eyes widened in surprise.

"What? How can it be Yukimura's fault?"

"Wait you're not calling him Yukimura sama anymore."

"That's not even the point Saizo!"

"Why? Are you on personal terms with him? Is that why you're rejecting me?"

"What?! Saizo! You're going off topic here! How is this even Yukimura's fault?"

"He shouldn't lost track of you then you wouldn't have been pinned in that alley! And why did you drop the formality with him?"

I huffed in irritation at his unreasonable excuse.

"He asked me to drop the title. Look Saizo don't you think you're being ridiculous? He doesn't even know whether I'm going to be raped that night or not.."

"Well if it was me then I wouldn't have lost track of you..."

"You weren't even there to save me so there!" I yelled out in frustration as I saw the hurt look crossed Saizo's face.

"Wait... That came out wrong. Saizo I know you would have saved me if you were-..."

"Forget it." Saizo ended our conversation as he disappeared in a blur...