Chapter Eleven

First picture is of Lord Shingen

First picture is of Lord Shingen. Second picture is of Saizo (left) and Yukimura (right).

*~*

"Yukimura sama!" Lina called out as she ran up to him.

Lina was walking about the village as it's her day off and she was about to head home when she saw Yukimura...

The grey haired samurai immediately turned around at her voice and a huge grin formed on his lips.

"Hey Lina! I told you already it's Yukimura!" he waved happily to her and Lina smiled at him as she stood before the man.

"Yukimura..." Lina caught her breath before her face turned serious. "Is Saizo sama with you?"

Yukimura's grin dropped off his face as he studied her expression.

"Why? Is anything wrong?"

Lina was about to tell him what happened but then remembered Yukimura doesn't know about her friendship with Saizo...

"Should I tell him? He's close to Saizo... But Saizo and him are now rivals since they both like me right?"

"Lina? What's wrong? Why are you looking for Saizo?" Yukimura's voice brought her out of her reverie.

Lina blinked a few times before staring back into Yukimura's eyes.

"Erm... Erm... It's nothing... I... I just wanted to talk to him..."

A hurt look flashed on Yukimura's face as he looked away.

"He's... He's not with me..."

Lina suddenly felt extremely bad when she saw Yukimura looking so hurt...

"And this is why I don't look guys in their eyes when rejecting them..." Lina sighed mentally to herself..

"Erm... If that's the case then thank you anyway... Yukimura..." Lina said as she took a step back and bowed slightly, turning to walk away.

She suddenly felt a hand yank her gently and she turned back to look at Yukimura.

"Are... Are... Are the bruises... still... you know... there..." Yukimura asked with a blush on his face, refusing to look at her.

Her eyes softened at his concern as she gave him a gentle smile.

"It's almost gone Yukimura... Thank you once again..."

She saw Yukimura swallowed his saliva nervously before Lord Shingen and Saizo appeared beside him.

"Wait Saizo?!?"

"Ho-ho what's this?" Lord Shingen chuckled as he gestured to Yukimura's hand holding Lina's.

Yukimura immediately released her hand as he scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"It's-it's nothing..." he mumbled and Lina frowned at him.

"Yukimura, why did you lie that Saizo sama wasn't with you when I asked to speak to him?"

Saizo's red eyes gazed at Yukimura, never wavering as they all waited for his answer.

"I... I didn't know where... he was... exactly..." Yukimura muttered as Saizo closed his eyes.

"Well it doesn't matter anyway. I don't have any business to speak to you either." Saizo replied coldly and Lina felt hurt by his reply...

"Does our friendship not mean anything to him???"

"Why would you want to speak with Saizo?" Lord Shingen asked curiously but Lina answered him carefully as she thought of an answer...

"I... I... I have a new dango recipe and... I want his opinion on it..." Lina lied and Saizo opened one eye to look at her.

"New dango recipe?"

She nodded excitedly.

"Hm hai! So will you do me a fa-..."

"Say no more! Bring me to this amazing new dango now!" Saizo opened both his eyes and gave her his boyish grin as Yukimura frowned at the ninja's newfound enthusiasm..

"Wait a minute! We have to prepare for tomorrow's mission!" Yukimura protested as Lina crossed her arms at him.

"You already lied to me Yukimura! You could have told me to wait while Saizo sama and Lord Shingen comes back since you know they're nearby!" Lina pouted as Yukimura scrambled for an answer.

"Yea little lord! That wasn't very nice of you!" Saizo agreed as he closed his eyes and nodded.

Yukimura was frantically looking for an excuse to get Saizo away from Lina and he looked to Lord Shingen for help.

Lord Shingen pursed his lips in amusement as he nodded his head.

"Hmm... I guess Saizo can follow us later on. See you later at the inn Saizo." Lord Shingen chuckled as he waved to the ninja and Lina, walking away from the street.

"Wait Lord Shingen! Saizo will not get enough sleep and rest if he comes home too late!" Yukimura tried his best to come up with an excuse and Saizo clicked his tongue, shaking his head.

"Tsk tsk my dear Yukimura... I didn't know you were that concerned for my health! Don't worry little lord! My little lady here will take good care of me. Right?" Saizo grinned as he winked at Lina.

Yukimura saw that exchange and his blue eyes glared at Saizo, staring him down.

"We'll settle this once we're back at the castle." Yukimura muttered as he followed after Lord Shingen.

Saizo gave a triumphant smirk before turning to Lina.

"So little lady, where's this new dango that you want me to try?"

Lina gave him a nervous grin as she looked away.

"Erm.. Hehe... There's actually no new dango... I made that up to have a make up chat with you... Hehe..."

"Nani?!? You lied?!?"

Lina nodded as she gave him a cheeky grin.

"How could you lie about something so important?!?"

Lina rolled her eyes.

"Saizo, it's just dango..."

"It's not just dango! It's dango!"

"That practically sounds the same!"

Saizo frowned at Lina before sighing and ruffling her hair.

"Tell me how to not fall in love with you even more... Lina..." Saizo thought to himself...