Gone

"Elodie! Come down here please!" Rona, Elodie's mom, called from the bottom of the stairs a few hours later. Elodie frowned.

Rona and Chris Nova were good people. Elodie had spent her whole life telling herself, her younger siblings, and everyone she knew that.

There are three things you should know about the Nova's:

Firstly, that they were incredibly rich. They lived in a giant fancy house on the outskirts of Riverdale. Elodie rarely brought anyone over or mentioned her family's wealth because it embarrassed her; it seemed unfair and gave her an unsettling feeling in her stomach. So she bussed everywhere and tried her best to stay away from all things 'wealthy'.

Secondly, the Nova's had four kids: Elodie was their eldest daughter at 16 years old, Caspar and River were nine year old identical twins, and Rosemary was the baby of the family, only two years old.

Thirdly, Rona and Chris Nova fought often; so much that the police had come multiple times on noise complaint.

"Would you two both just shut up! You're going to scare the kids!" Elodie shouted at her parents.

They all quieted at the sound of a knock on the front door.

Elodie stood still, expecting the adults of the situation to answer the door to their own damn house, but then she was reminded that she was the adult in the situation, judging by the ashamed and still heated look on both of her parents' faces. She rolled her eyes.

"Awesome you guys. Just awesome" She scoffed before going to answer the door. The sheriff stood before her. She recognized him as Kevin's dad.

"Hello Ms Nova-"

"Elodie. Please. Ms Nova is my mother" Elodie corrected the man

"Of course. Elodie, we've gotten another noise complaint from your household" The sheriff frowned

"Not my household. My parents'. And I'm sorry, I'll-" Elodie was cut off by her mother appearing behind her in the doorway.

"Terribly sorry Sheriff, I promise it won't happen again. You know how couples fight!" She chuckled. Elodie rolled her eyes at her mother before returning to face the sheriff.

"This is the third complaint this week mom. God you guys are pathetic. As I was saying, I'll try and keep them under better control next time. Trust me, I don't want anyone else exposed to the horror that is my parents' marriage. Have a good day sir" Elodie closed the door after the sheriff gave her a nod and then turned to face her parents in the foyer.

Just as she was about to yell, she spotted River on the grand spiral staircase.

"Momma? Daddy?" He asked, sadness in his eyes.

"River, let's go get some ice cream. Grab the other kids okay?" Elodie smiled sweetly at her brother. He seemed to contemplate for a moment before deciding.

"Okay!" He jumped up and retreated

"It'll give you guys a little bit of time to work this out. Civilly" Elodie glared before going to grab her keys and white jacket.