Drive-In

Elodie spent her night at the river, searching for something she missed, anything at all. She scoured the crime scene. After awhile, she finally started moving out. And that's when she found it.

A getaway car.

Elodie took out her camera and snapped pictures of it. She wrapped her hand in her coat and started moving stuff around. This was Jason's stuff alright. Things from his room and his house, it looked like he was trying to runaway or start new. But what was he running away from?

And then Elodie found it. The drugs.

"Shit Jason, what did you get yourself into?" She mumbled

She made sure she had everything photographed and then returned to the riverfront.

She climbed to the top of the cliff, then fell asleep.

Cheryl and Jason rowed across the river, they landed on the other side. They hugged, then Jason disappeared into the woods. Moments later, he was grabbed by someone. She gasped, but of course, it was a dream, so no one could hear her. She tried to see who it was, but could only see a Southside Serpent jacket. She got up and quickly followed, but once they were in a car, heading to the Southside of Riverdale, she lost them.

When Elodie woke, it was daylight out. She sighed and made her way to her car, returning home.

"Elodie! Oh my god! We were worried sick!" Rona cried out when she saw her daughter enter the front door.

"Where the hell were you?! We didn't sleep all night! Never scare us like that again!" Chris said.

"I was at Veronica's and my phone died" Elodie lied, knowing her parents didn't have the Lodges' phone number.

Before they could say anything else, Elodie was slamming the door to her room shut. She took a hot shower to clear her head.

And then she found herself crying.

Her salty tears mixing with the scorching water. Her hands shook as she tried to run them through her hair but finally gave up, collapsing into the tiled floor, head in her hands.

How was it possible that in three hours of searching, she had found such an important piece of evidence that even the police hadn't found? What did that mean? That they didn't care? That they weren't searching hard enough? That Jason meant nothing to them?

Finally she pulled herself off the floor and out of the shower. She dressed herself in a plain dark gray t-shirt dress, then simply laid on her bed, her hands intertwined and resting on her stomach.

There came a soft knocking on her door.

"Elle honey, are you going to get the kids ready?" Rona said.

"Their your damn kids mom. You get them ready. I'm not going to school today" Elodie replied, beyond annoyed with her parents.

"Of course you're going to school" Her mom scoffed, slightly offended by her daughters first comment.

"No. I'm not" Elodie countered

"Elodie-"

"My best friend in the entire world is dead mom, and nobody cares, not even you. You haven't asked me once since the day he died if I was okay. I'm not, incase you were wondering. So I'm staying the fuck home today"

She heard soft footsteps walk away.

In an hour, the house was empty.

Her phone was chiming with notifications. Texts from Jughead, calls from Archie, even a message from Veronica. She let her phone play a symphony as she fell asleep with tears in her eyes.