Figures

Kevin had called his dad, and then Elodie, who in turn, had called the Blossoms.

When Jughead and Elodie arrived on the scene, the sun was rising and they stayed on top of the hill that sloped down to where medics were putting the body in a bag.

"Do you-"

"No. Up here is fine" Elodie cut the black-haired boy off. He nodded solemnly.

The Blossoms, The Coopers, The Andrews, The Kellers, and The Lodges were at the crime scene, down on the edge of the river.

The Jones and The Novas were not present, only their eldest children.

"I don't know how they can stand so close to him" Elodie mumbled. Jughead cast her a questioning sideways glance.

"Stand so close to who?" He inquired

"Jason" She clarified, a twisting feeling in her stomach.

'I promise you, I'll solve this murder if it's the last thing I do' Elodie thought to herself as she stared at the bright yellow body bag. She wanted to scream that the color didn't suit him. That he hated yellow.

'I promise Jason. I promise' She made one last vow before turning to Jughead. They stared at each other for the slightest bit too long before Elodie finally spoke.

"Thank you for coming with me, and I'm sorry for keeping you this long. You're probably exhausted. Do you want a ride home?" She offered

"No. I'm okay. Are you, Elodie?" He asked, taking note that contrary to everyone else, she was still wearing her Back-To-School formal dress. She looked older, more tired. He didn't want her to feel like that.

Elodie was slightly distracted by the way he said her name.

"Not at all, but I'll manage. I always do" She gave a weak smile before heading to her car and driving home.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Once she had entered the house and assured her parents that she was safe and fine. She headed to her room.

Just as she closed her eyes, she heard Rosemary start crying.

She let out a small sigh before mustering all her energy up to stand and go to Rosemary's room.

Once in the calming, light pink room, she picked up the small girl and held her in her arms. She stared at the young girl's curly blonde locks that resembled her own. Her crystal blue eyes were filled with tears and her cheeks were splotchy and red.

"Hi Rosie" Elodie said softly. Rosemary simply grabbed her shirt and clung closer to her old sister.

"Shhhh, it's okay. You're okay" Elodie comforted the small girl as she began rocking her.

"Sing me?" Rosemary mumbled

Elodie smiled as she rocked her little sister and made her way over to the window.

"Deep in the meadow
Under the willow
A bed of grass
A soft green pillow
Lay down your head
And close your sleepy eyes
And when they open again
The sun will rise
Here it is safe
Here it is warm
Here the daisies guard
You from every harm
And here your dreams are sweet
And tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you"