Partners

"Funny thing" Jughead said as he fell into step with Elodie. She jumped slightly at his voice, then rolled her eyes. "I need your help"

"Good morning Jughead! I'm great thanks for asking!" Elodie mocked him.

"I'm serious. I need your help" Jughead smiled

"What with?" She frowned.

"I know you know things about Jason's murder that you're not sharing. Maybe certain dreams or nightmares?" He questioned, his voice low so no one could hear him except Elodie.

"What do you need help with, your novel?" She asked, confused and wary.

"How do you know about that?" Jughead frowned

"You're not the only detective in town Jones. And I gotta say, I think I'm a few steps ahead of you. Catch up, and I'll think about helping you" She muttered before turning into her English classroom, leaving Jughead deserted in the middle of Riverdale's main hallway during passing time, on the opposite end of the school of where he needed to be.

"Brilliant" Jughead mumbled as he rolled his eyes and sprinted to his class so he wasn't late.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

In the middle of her sixth hour, Elodie received a text.

From: Jughead

Hey, got something, care to join me?

Elodie frowned at her phone

To: Jughead

When and where?

The reply took less than a minute.

From: Jughead

Meet me by your car

Just as she was about to ask him when and how she was suppose to get out of class, a crackle came over the loud speaker.

"Elodie Nova, please report to the front office, and bring all your personal belongings with you. Elodie Nova, please report to the front office"

Elodie could feel the stares on her as she packed up her bag and left the room. With everything with Jason's murder, there was no doubt that everyone now thought she was involved somehow. After all, her and Jason had spent nearly every second of freshmen year together, they weren't strangers.

"Hello?" Elodie frowned at the front desk

"Ah, Elodie. Your sister's daycare called. They said she got in a bit of a fight with another kid, and that she needed to be picked up for the day. Both your parents were busy I guess, and they allowed you to skip the rest of school to look after her" The receptionist explained

"Got it, thank you" She smiled at Jughead's cleverness.

As she approached her car, she saw Jughead leaning against it.

"Hey hot-shot" She rolled her eyes as the two got in.

"Hey yourself" He smiled as they buckled their seat belts and Elodie put the top down. 

"First of all, is my sister actually okay?" Elodie asked as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"Yes" Jughead chuckled.

"Good. Secondly, where to?"

"Wherever they hold Grizzly Scout training" Jughead replied vaguely.

"You're lucky River did Grizzly Scouts last year" Elodie chuckled as they sped off to their destination.

When they arrived and questioned Dilton Doily, they didn't get the response they wanted, but they both noticed one of the scouts glance at Jughead funny. So after the training, they followed him to Pops. Once he was seated, drinking his milkshake, the two sprung on him. Jughead slid into the booth opposite the boy, and Elodie jumped the seat and landed next to the scout. The boy's eyes were wide with fear.