Trust

A few days later, it was the day of the memorial.

Elodie was in a floor-length, black lace dress, her curly blonde locks straightened. Her lips were painted with a deep red lipstick, her skin looked paler than usual. And her hands wouldn't stop shaking.

The doorbell rang through the house. Elodie sighed as she grabbed her black clutch purse, threw her phone and her dark red lipstick in it, and headed downstairs. Jughead stared as he watched her come down the stairs. Him, Rona, Chris, Archie, Valerie, and the kids waited for her at the bottom of the steps.

"You look beautiful" Jughead mumbled.

"Shut it" She rolled her eyes and gave him a weak half-smile as she took Rosemary into her arms. He placed a comforting hand on her shoulder and they all left the Nova household.

Sitting and waiting was the worst part.

Penelope had asked her to deliver a eulogy.

Elodie had told them she couldn't.

As it does with everything, the tension built. Everyone unanimously settled into their spots. Silence filled the room. Finally, Elodie couldn't take it anymore.

"I have to go" She whispered before messily getting up and leaving the room.

Everyone's eyes followed her out, but they missed Jughead slipping out of the room too due to the fact that Cheryl Blossom was entering it—in the all-white dress she wore when she was found at the river.

"Elodie! Elodie!" Jughead called out once they had left the room. He caught the tail of her black dress disappearing up the staircase, and followed it.

He found her in what he could only guess was Jason's bedroom.

Funnily enough, him and Betty had planned to come here anyways, to search.

When he entered the room, she was sifting through his things.

"Elodie? What are you doing?" He asked as he approached her

"It has to be here somewhere. It has to be" She muttered.

"What does?" He asked her again. She turned to him, eyes wet and wild.

"Jughead? Elodie?" Betty asked from the doorway.

"What happened down there?" Jughead asked the blonde

"Cheryl had a breakdown, what else did you expect?" She sighed.

Elodie was still searching.

"What are you looking for?" Betty questioned.

"Elodie" Came a voice from the shadows of the room. They all gasped and backed up.

Nana Rose rolled into the light.

"Nana" Elodie breathed a sigh of relief

"Come here darling. Sit. I know how hard this must be for you" She said sympathetically. Elodie walked past the other two dumbfounded teenagers and sat on Jason's bed, opposite Nana Rose.

"Oh here now. Don't you cry. Or you'll get me started too" She wiped Elodie's eyes with an old handkerchief. "You've been so strong"

Jughead and Betty were still frozen in confusion.

"I remember you were always so strong growing up, you'd take all the boys down and beat them up for saying the silly things boys say. You were always my favorite. You knew how to put Jason in his place, but love him at the same time. You made him a better person than the rest of them" She referenced the Blossom family picture on the wall.