Morning Mayhem

The next morning Elodie woke to a text chime.

"Archieeee" Elodie groaned as she reached absently for her phone. Her fingers finally found the slippery rectangle and curled around it, bringing it close to her face. Primarily, she had two different notifications.

Archie Andrews (3) Missed Calls

Text From: Unknown Number

Hey, it's Jughead. You up yet?

She squinted at the screen, then proceeded to make him a contact.

To: Jughead

I am now

Secondly, she was really late, which is probably why Archie had called her. She set her phone on her nightstand again and heaved herself up. She stood and stared at her closet for awhile before deciding to get dressed later. She went into the kitchen and started making breakfast for her family, she was always the first one up.

Her father entered from the living room and sat at the table.

"Good morning" He said to his eldest daughter.

She didn't reply. He sighed and left the subject alone. She practically threw his plate of food at him. He nodded a thanks to her before taking it into the next room.

"Useless" She mumbled to herself.

The next meal Elodie made, she put in a Tupperware, seeing as it was 6:35 and her mom usually left at 6:30.

As she guessed, her mom came rushing downstairs, thanked Elodie for the food, shoved it in her purse, and ran out the door.

Then she quickly made the kids' food.

"River and Caspar! Food is ready!" She called as she set all three of their plates on the table and grabbed a high chair for Rosemary.

She banged on the boys' door.

"Up up up!" She yelled

She opened Rosemary's door and woke her up gently.

"Hi lovely" Elodie smiled down at her little sister.

"Ellie" Rosemary smiled as she yawned.

"Let's get you dressed yeah?" Ellie carried Rosemary over to her closet. Rosemary pointed out a green dress.

"That one" She said to Elodie, who obeyed and dressed her in the light green, flowy dress.

As she carried the young girl downstairs, she made sure both the boys were at the table.

"Okay, you two help feed Rosie. I need to get ready" Elodie sighed

"Okay! River goes first!" Caspar giggled

"Work together please!" Elodie shouted as she climbed up the stairs.

She sighed as she entered her room. She threw on a white tank top, some black jeans, and a light denim jacket. She frowned at her hair in the mirror, but let it be. She then moved to her nightstand, grabbing her phone.

From: Jughead

Meet me in the library at 7?

She looked at the time. 7:05.

"Shit!" she mumbled as she grabbed her backpack and phone and ran downstairs.

"Boys! Let's go!" She yelled

"But we're not done feeding Rosie!" River whined. Elodie groaned as she rushed back into the kitchen. She grabbed the bowl of food in one hand, Rosemary in the other, and ushered the boys (who had started fighting) out the door, grabbing her keys on the way out.

"Do you guys have your backpacks?" Elodie asked as she locked the front door, trying not to spill the food.

"Yeah... But Elle?" Caspar sounded wary as he responded.

"What?" Elodie asked, one eyebrow raised as she spun around to face her little brothers. But she easily saw what had caught their eyes.

"Need a little help?" Jughead smirked as he took Rosemary and the plate of food from her arms.

"Thanks" Elodie mumbled, surprised and taken aback, as she pulled her keys out of the door, threw them in her backpack, and grabbed both River and Caspar's hands so they would quit hitting each other. Jughead followed with Rosie.

She quickly buckled River and Caspar in on either side of Rosemary's car seat, so they were separated. When Elodie turned to grab Rosemary, she heard the little girl giggle. Jughead was playing with her, moving her little arms around and feeding her. He stopped suddenly when he noticed Elodie watching. She just smirked as she took Rosemary and buckled her in. Then the two high schoolers got into the front seats and the day started.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"Wow" Jughead mumbled. Elodie laughed.

"I know" She sighed as she unbuckled herself.

"Your morning is much more eventful than mine is" Jughead chuckled

"Today was worse, I have to admit. Usually my parents are a little more helpful. Or, you know, helpful at all" She rolled her eyes as the two exited the black convertible.

"Well thanks for the ride" Jughead saluted, giving her a small smile.

"Thanks for the help. Oh and hey, was there something you wanted to talk about? In the library at 7 in the morning?" Elodie asked curiously.

"Nothing important" Jughead brushed it off and was on his way. Elodie smirked as she turned and went off in an opposite direction in search for Archie.

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

"He showed up at your house huh?"

"Archie Andrews, you are amazing at so many things, lying is not one of them" Elodie smiled at the red head.

"Okay but in my defense, I called you three times Elle. Three's the rule" Archie argued.

"Three missed calls and then you come over. Jughead isn't a part of the deal" Elodie pointed out.

Archie simply smirked.

"God you suck" Elodie chuckled as Veronica, Kevin, and Betty joined them.

"Gotta run" Elodie gave a half-hearted wave at the group before turning down some random hallway, where she ran into Jughead.

"Avoiding much?" Jughead smirked at the sight of Elodie abandoning her friends.

"Shut it" She rolled her eyes as he walked her to her next class.