Chapter 5

During the ride to the Moors estate, Kevin explained what was to occur. You were told that before the party, you and Inigo were to be acquainted and then the two of you will walk in together announcing the engagement. You were also told that Inigo Moors is rather quiet and serious. You listened very carefully to what Kevin was saying. You needed to get Inigo to like you as Katrina so when she returns, she won't be in a failing marriage. You nodded in understanding and continued on talking about the kind of people who will be present at the party.

You soon arrived and Kevin helped you get out of the car. You were greeted by servant, and the both of you were guided to a parlor room. In the room was blonde man, with light blue eyes. His face was a void of emotions. Inigo Moors. Next him was an older woman. She had the same colored hair and eyes. Her facial expression though, was much more pleasant. She was the one to greet you two.

"Hello, Mr. Albright and Ms. Albright. I am Martha Moor, Inigo's mother." she shook both your hands. She the gestured for Inigo to come forward. When made it to where you were standing, you began to introduce yourself.

"Hello, my name is Katrina Albright. I am looking forward to joining your family." Inigo just stared at you with emotionless eyes. You felt yourself slightly tremble. 

"My my, such wonderful manners!" Mrs. Moors smiles, clasping her hands together. "I can't believe I got such a polite young woman as my future daughter in law!" At least Katrina will have a wonderful mother in law, you thought. 

Mrs. Moors had everyone sit down on the couches. You sat next to Kevin and across from you was the Moors. The conversation was led my Mrs. Moors and you only spoke when spoken to. You kept an eye on Inigo. You could see the disinterest in his eyes. Soon Mrs. Moors suggested you and Inigo should get to know each other and had ushered Kevin out of the room. It was just you and him.

The silence was unbearable. You wanted to say something, but feared that you would offend him. Finally you decided to break the silence, but he was the one to speak out.

"Why did you propose engagement?"