Chapter 21

It was the appointed day. Today was the day you were going to leave Inigo and go back to Clemente. Your train was going to leave around four and you didn't know how Ryder was going to be able to get you out in time. Inigo in particular has been rather possessive today and refused to leave your side one bit.

It was nearing departure time and you have not left the house. You were having some tea when one of the maids came in. "Mr. Moors. The company called. They said they need to speak to you." Inigo glared at the maid and she was shaking. 

"Fine." he gets out of his seat. "I will be back in a moment." he says as he smiles at you. After a few minutes he comes back. He looks rather angry. "I am sorry F/n. I need to go back to the company. They said some very important documents went missing. I will be back home soon." With that he leaves. Once he is out of the house, you run up to the library to see in Ryder was there. He was.

"The man is gone right?" He asks as he throws clothes at you.

"Yes." You go to a secluded part of the library and change. Once done you go to Ryder. "Sorry F/n but we are going through the window." Before you can protest he grabs you and soon you are out. 

You arrive at the station around 3:30. You are waiting with Ryder. You are given money and you ask.

"What happened to Kevin?" Ryder goes silent.

"Katrina. She passed away around the time I told you about the plan."

"Oh." You cover your mouth. You didn't want to cry and tried to hold it in. Katrina was a wonderful person and you were upset she died. "May she be resting in peace I hope."

You see Ryder give you a wry smile but then he grabs you and hides you behind him. When you see who he is hiding you from, you gasp. Inigo.

"You know the minute I got that call saying the documents went missing, I knew it was you. I am rather angry that you would dare take my wife away."

"You married Katrina Albright. Not F/n L/n."

"The woman I saw walk down the aisle though was her." He says pointing to you. "Now listen Ryder Finis. Leave her alone. I got information on you that can send you to prison. You may have dirt on me, but it isn't something I can't fix." You see Ryder stiffen up. After a while you see him slowly back away. 

"Your going to leave me?" You ask shocked.

"I am sorry F/n, but when push comes to shove, I put more value on my life."

"But-"

"F/n. I spent years trying to get to where I want to be. Now that I have it, I am not throwing it all away for the sake of some girl." That is all he says before walking away. Inigo comes up to you and takes your hand. You know you have no choice and so you follow him to his car.