Chapter 20

You woke up and saw that Inigo wasn't in bed. You got dressed and decided to eat breakfast as you believed he had left for work. When you made it to the dining hall you saw him sitting there with a smile. 

"Good morning F/n. Had pleasant dreams I hope." He says.

"I did." You go to sit next to him.

"F/n, I have a surprise. I decided to take this week off so we can spend more time together."

"...That is wonderful." You say with a grim smile. If you chose to want to leave, you would need to be away from Inigo long enough. Now whenever Inigo was at home with you, he would spend almost every waking moment with you. Not that you really minded. It was also the one thing Inigo refuses to relent on. 

And so you spend the rest of the day with him. You went walking in the gardens, playing cards, reading books and so forth. Later on, Inigo decided to go take a bath and you were left alone. You went to the library. The ticket and letter was in one of the books there. When you opened the door, you saw Ryder. 

"F/n, he knows." He says in a serious tone.

"Knows what?"

"This." He says showing the envelope. "I thought it was odd he would take an entire week off, especially since he had some major project in the making."

"There is?"

"Yes indeed. Anyhow, I need to know your answer now. That way, on the day you need to leave, I can get you out on time." You thought for a bit. You think back to the very day Inigo figured out who you were. You then realized something. During your stay, you had progressively been going out less and less. This was because everytime you tried to give a reason as to why, Inigo managed to talk you out of it. Not to mention, most of the servants here don't associate themselves with except for a few maids. You had just realized how isolated your life has became and how dependent you became on Inigo's company. 

"I want to go back home." you say after realizing it.

"Okay then. I will get things ready and F/n."

"Yes."

"He isn't aware that you know he knows. Keep it that way. Make him believe you are his one and only or whatever. Just make sure he doesn't know. Also, Kevin has money ready for you and a set of clothes that will help you blend in. On the day you will leave, I will come get you when Inigo is busy okay."

"Okay."

"Goodbye F/n." He then jumps out the window.

In the Albright Estate...

Katrina had just collapsed due to a heart attack. This was because of stress. She had been extremely guilty of having you dragged into something. As of now, doctors are trying to help her. Outside the room, Kevin is pacing frantically. He knew he couldn't do anything of use at the moment. Soon one of the doctors come out saying she came to and that she requests his presence. 

Immediately he walks in and kneels by his sister. "Hey Katrina."

"If the plan... doesn't work..." She says through such ragged breaths and a sore voice, "and F/n... gets caught... Bring her back home because right now...she is me."

"Katrina, if we do that though, what about you? There will be two of you. Inigo can get a lawsuit against us."

"Kevin...you know I won't be ... able-"

"No!" he shouts. Tears are streaming down his face. Katrina sees this and shakily puts one of her hands on his cheek to wipe away the tears.

"You know... that surgery wasn't going to keep alive... for a long time. Kevin. It is okay... I am prepared. Don't worry okay. Be... happy. I am going to be with you... even if I am gone. Now promise me... you will bring F/n back."

"...I promise." Katrina smiles before coughing rather violently. Kevin immediately calls for doctors and once again he is outside waiting. He has tears in his eyes. Finally a doctor comes out. The doctor bow his head and apologizes. Kevin looks into the room and sees a sheet covering Katrina. Kevin once again begins crying after the doctor goes back in. Ryder had just arrived to tell Kevin what you had just said. When he sees Kevin, he knows what happened. Silently, he walks away. He knew he shouldn't bring up work right now. It would hurt the poor man. Instead, he decides to put the plan into action. To get you away from Inigo.