2

The next morning, she had issues finding the Great Hall, but she did find Severus.

"Good morning Severus." she said, falling into step beside him.

"You're lost, aren't you?"

"Maybe."

He smiled at her and she had a weird sensation in the pit of her stomach. And she blushed.

She didn't understand it, but she could always ask Lily later.

She sat down at the Ravenclaw table, and still was not bothered, so she read.

When it was time to go to class, she went looking for Lily.

"Lily, where is Charms?"

"Come on, I'll show you. Charms is taught by Professor Flitwick,  your head of house."

"Ok. I got lost this morning as well."

"Who helped you?"

"Severus. "

"How did you manage to find Severus between your common room and the Great Hall?"

"I don't know."

The girls laughed about it, and Cassie briefly wondered if she should ask Lily then, but decided against it since Severus was with them.

She thought she should save it for the weekend, because Lily wanted to have a sleepover.

Throughout the day, Cassie never got lost, because she always ran into her brother and his friends, or Lily and Severus.

After dinner, she went to the library to see what books it had.

She also met Lucius Malfoy,  which was not necessarily a good thing.

"What's a first year doing in the library on the first day of school? First years don't get homework that requies the library on the first day." he asked in a sickly sweet voice.

"Exploring.  I like to read."

"Really? A pretty girl who likes to read."

"Well, it was really nice meeting you, but I must be going." she said, attempting to escape, for she had a bad feeling about this kid.

"Leaving so soon?"

He stood in front of her, making it to where she couldn't leave, and set a hand on her waist.

She was almost in tears. This was why she didn't trust boys other than her brother.

"Lucius, back off of her."

Severus had come looking for her, because she was supposed to meet he and Lily at the black lake, but didn't show.

"And what are you going to do about it shrimp?" Lucius demanded.

Suddenly, The Marauders and Lily showed up behind him.

"You are going to back off of my sister Malfoy." James said in a dangerous voice.

Malfoy turned and saw that everyone in the library was backing Severus Snape.

Malfoy just shoved through the crowd and left.

"Th-thanks guys." she said softly.

"Anytime. You ok?" James asked.

"I-I think so. He scares me. Badly."

"I know."

James embraced her as a few tears escaped and the crowd disappated.

Severus just stood there watching.

"I never thought I'd say this Snape, but thanks for standing up for her." James said, shaking his hand.

Severus just nodded,  and he, Lily, and Cassie went to the black lake.

"Why don't you like to be around people? If you don't want to talk about it, I completely understand."

"It's fine. I can handle it. I was bullied pretty badly at my old school, and I-I was attacked by the boys once James left."

"Oh my, that's horrible."

"W-what's worse was James's reaction. He scared me badly that day."