After reading the Daily Prophet that morning, Cassandra Potter was ecstatic. Word of mass-murderer Sirius Black's escape from Azkaban was wonderful news, for she knew the truth.

He was innocent, and he was seeking revenge. He had managed to send her a letter stating that Peter Pettigrew was confirmed to be alive by his own eyes, and that he was going to kill the rat-like man who had betrayed them.

Meanwhile, Cassie also discovered she would be teaching alongside Remus Lupin, and she couldn't wait to see him again.

However, when she arrived at Hogwarts, she discovered that she was going to be guarded 24/7 by aurors ensuring she did not have contact with her fiance.

"This is ridiculous, Dumbledore!" she exclaimed, outraged at the invasion of privacy. "They're going to read all my mail, follow me everywhere, watch me all night. Am I a prisoner?"

"They are not permitted in your office, which is sound proofed for student privacy, but your fireplace is being monitored," the headmaster replied calmly. "If it were up to me, none of this would be happening."

She wasn't satisfied with his answer, but knew she wouldn't get any better. It was then that she resolved herself to stay in her office, other than for meals.

Ginny continued her therapy sessions, which were now mostly to recover from the events of her first year.

Draco also came for regular sessions, admitting his father was not pleased. The Slytherin boy felt that he needed it however, due to years of familial oppression.

Neville Longbottom was a regular as well, and his confidence was improving. He mostly sought counsel about his parents, but she wasn't sure what to say. It was unlikely they'd ever recover, so the boy was effectively an orphan. Just like Harry.

Cassandra was finalizing her daily reports for the appointments she had that day when there was a knock on her door. When she answered, there stood Remus, looking more haggard than usual.

"Can teachers come here too?" He asked.

"Of course, come in!" she replied brightly. "Would you prefer crayons or play-doh?"

He chuckled before taking a seat in the chair in front of her desk.

"I've just seen Padfoot."

"Where? Is he okay?"

"He's fine, but he's worried about you. He's in Hogsmeade. I told him you're being guarded."

"I... I need to see him."

"It's too dangerous Cassie. We can't let him get caught... the word is the moment he's found... they're administering the kiss."

The Dementor's Kiss. The one thing powerful enough to turn a human into an empty shell.

"Fine. But we need to find Peter. Soon."
__________________
Months later...

"Minister, Black has escaped. There is no sign of him anywhere."

"WHAT?"

Shockingly enough, the obnoxious exclamation was not Minister Fudge, but rather Professor Snape.

"Find him, he is a threat to everyone." Fudge told his aurors.

Meanwhile, Cassandra was in the hospital wing with her nephew and his friends.

"Aunt Cassie, I'm going to go live with Sirius if he gets his name cleared!" Harry was really excited about discovering his godfather was innocent.

"Then The three of us will be a happy family," she replied with a smile.

"You'll be moving in too?"

"Harry, Sirius and Cassie are engaged," Hermione added softly.

"You knew he was innocent?" Harry asked, incredulous. "Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"Harry, if you had known I love him just a few days ago, you would have alienated me," Cassie explained, "no one trusts the lover of a mad man."

"That's why she's been under tight security all year. They thought Sirius would contact her," Hermione added

"But what about now? Now that he's free again?" Harry asked. The Dursleys' would get suspicious if Cassie's house was under tight security.

"I... spoke with the minister." Cassie didn't want to talk about it, but Harry needed to know. "I told him that I am no longer engaged to Sirius and that I thought it was rather obvious considering his imprisonment and crimes. I explained to him I wear the ring because I like the look."

"And they fell for it?" It was Hermione's turn to be surprised.

"Well... Severus helped. He claimed we had been on several dates since I began working here. Which isn't exactly a lie I guess but it's been more of friendly lunches."

"Snape helped you?" Harry asked.

"Well yes. It's complicated. He rescued me from Lucius in my early years of school and then we kinda crushed on each other at different times but yeah."

Harry was shocked at the thought of his aunt with the teacher who hated him.

"Sirius proposed that day..." Cassie said softly. "And I had just left from visiting... I went back because I forgot my necklace. It was a present from Sirius and it was already scratched from your teething so I started taking it off when I held you so it wouldn't completely ruined. Except I heard Lily scream and was knocked back by a blast. It was terrible. And then they took Sirius and I had no one. I came and grieved with Severus for days before getting the house  by your aunt and uncle."

All Harry could do was hug his aunt. He'd never heard a personal experience of the night until now.