4

The rest of that weekend, the girls picked on Cassie for it.

"Guys, I'm 11. It's most likely nothing." she said.

"We know, but we can still pick on you for it." Lily smiled.

Cassie pouted and went to hang out with James.

"Why are you here?" James teased. "I thought we were too good for you."

"No, I was just hanging out with Lily for a while, but she stared making fun of me."

"Well, ok. I guess you can hang out with us." James said, sarcastically reluctant.

She stuck her tongue out at him and sat beside him anyway.

She laid her head on his shoulder, and he put an arm around her.

Months later, right before Christmas break, Lucius Malfoy came and sat by her in the library.

"Hello." she said politely, still focused on her work.

"Hi, I came to apologize for my actions earlier this year. I was being an idiot."

"It's ok. We can try again and be friends."

"I was actually wondering if you would like to come to Slughorn's Christmas party with me."

"Sure."

"James isn't going to like that much."

"Oh well. He can just shove it."

Lucius smiled at her, and chuckled at her statement,  and also began laughing as she blushed.

She had that weird feeling in her stomach again, and this time, it didn't go away quickly, it kinda just stayed there till he left.

She went to find Lily.

"Lily! Guess what!"

"What? James is sane?"

"No, that'll never happen. I'm coming to the party!"

"How? With who?"

"You'll see. It's a surprise. But I will need help picking out a dress."

"Ok. Let's go to Hogsmeade then.

They picked her out a red spaghetti strap dress that went to her ankles.

She also got high heeled black boots and a black shrug.

The night of the party, James asked why she was in the Griffindor common room.

"I'm going to the party, and Lily and I are getting ready together."

"Since when? With who?"

"You'll see."

Lily helped braid her hair, and when she came into the common room, most people said she looked a lot older than she was.

When she got to the dungeons with Lily, Lucius was waiting.

"Seriously? Him?"

"He apologized! We're friends now."

"Wow, you give out second chances waaaaay too easy." Lily commented.

"She's very forgiving, almost to a fault with new people who only bothered her once or twice. Why the heck are you with Malfoy?" James asked, wrapping his arms around his sister.

"Because I'm trying to be friends with him, and if you don't like it, oh well. Shove it." Cassie told him, wriggling out of his grip.

She and Lucius left the other two standing there, and he intertwined his fingers with hers, causing her to blush.

"She likes him. I can't freakin' believe it. She likes Malfoy." Lily managed to say.

"There is something wrong with my sister. " James commented.

They walked into the dance, and Lucius was standing in front of Cassie, brushing a strand of hair out of her face as she blushed and smiled.

"Gosh, that's revolting." James said, turning away.

"At least she's enjoying herself?" Lily told him skeptically.

They just tried not to think about it the whole party.

"Would you like to dance?" Lucius asked her eventually.

"Um... Sure?"

She blushed as he intertwined his fingers with hers again, and led her to the dance floor.

"It's cute when you blush." he said quietly, causing her to blush more and he just chuckled.

She laid her head on his chest as they danced.

James watched in disgust.

"How could she fall for Malfoy? I thought I had more of an influence on her than that."

"You did. She just rebelled against you." Lily said.

That night, she was having a sleepover with Lily since it was Christmas Eve.

Lucius walked her to the Griffindor common room,  and took her face in his hands and kissed her softly.

"Good night Cassie, and Merry Christmas." He whispered, hugging her before walking away.

"Good night Lucius." she smiled, blushing and reluctantly dropping his hand.

She just watched him leave and waited for Lily, for she didn't know the password.

"Well that was revolting to watch."

"Sirius! How long where you there?"

"I got here the same time you and Lucius did. That was revolting."

"Then you shouldn't have been spying."

He let her in the common room where they both sat, waiting for James and Lily.

"I can't believe you Cassie! Malfoy?" James exclaimed.

"At least you didn't see him kiss her!" Sirius added.

"He what?!" Lily demanded.

"Why does it matter? Can't you guys just be glad I'm happy? I'm starting to regret staying for break, because evidentally,  according you guys, I can't make my own decisions! It's Christmas! Forget your grudges for a while! Please James." Cassie exclaimed, going quiet when she said James.

"I'm sorry Cassie. I am happy for you." He said, embracing his little sister.

"I'm gonna go change real quick. This dress is annoying."

"Well, by the way, in case Malfoy didn't tell you, you looked amazing, especially in that."

"Thanks James." She blushed again, and went upstairs.

"She's right. She's happy and that's what counts." James sighed.

"Yeah," Lily and Sirius chorused.

"She has a good idea about changing, though. I'll be back." Lily said.

When the girls came back, Lily sat in an armchair across from the one Sirius was sitting in.

Cassie sat next to James and snuggled up next to him.

"You that tired?" he grinned,  putting an arm around her.

"Yeah..." she yawned, laying her head on his shoulder and soon drifting off.

In fact, they all slept where they sat.