18

Cassie woke up in the hospital wing with a headache so bad she didn't want to open her eyes. What had happened? Surely Ginny couldn't have actually done that... right?

Then she heard voices whispering about something.

"Chamber of Secrets... how can this happen again?" The voice of Madame Pomfrey sounded scared.

Cassie sat up and opened her eyes, both of which made her head hurt worse. The pain soured her stomach, but she needed to know what was happening.

"I don't know... hopefully it's not related to what happened to Cassie." That voice! Severus, he could explain to her.

"Sev...?" she managed to get out, the speech angering her throbbing head.

"Cassie! You're awake!" The professor exclaimed.

"What's going on? How did I get here?"

"Cassie... I came looking for you when you didn't show up to the feast, but when I came into your office... You were on the floor, unresponsive, bleeding from your head. Your hair was drenched but I don't know how long you had been there. Do you remember anything?"

"I remember..." she started. She remembered what happened clearly, but wasn't sure she should tell him. Ginny could be expelled for assaulting her, but Cassie didn't want that. She wanted to help the young girl. "I remember falling. And hitting my head really hard. And then everything's dark."

Severus didn't quite believe her... but he let it pass. There was more to the story, but this wasn't the time. Right now she needed to rest.

"What did I hear about the Chamber of Secrets?" she questioned.

"Don't worry about that, Cassie. Just rest."

"Severus, tell me."

Though hesitant, the potions master told her everything they knew about Halloween night.

"Is Harry okay though?"

"He is unharmed, although he and his friends did appear quite suspicious."

Madame Pomfrey gave her something for her headache, and Cassie went straight to her office. The letter blocks were scattered from their previous words, but to her, one who had seen what they said, it was still fairly obvious what their original places had been.

She sat at her desk and wrote down everything she knew about Ginny, including what had happened. None of it connected, none of it made sense.

About a month later, Ginny came to visit her again. This time, the girl just didn't want to be alone in general, and she said she didn't remember their time on Halloween. She sat on the floor and began to draw very detailed pictures, some of her home, some of Hogwarts, some of her brothers, and some of even Harry.

Several hours passed, and Cassie was growing tired. She hid Ginny's file in an enchanted drawer in her desk, designed to open only at her touch and the use of a password. Her other files remained in a cabinet next to her desk, but Ginny's was different. If discovered, it could end in the girl's expulsion and that was the last thing Cassie wanted.

As she stood to go talk to Ginny, still looking at her desk, she saw the reflection of a giant snake. Instantly terrified, she lost the ability to move and fell to the floor once again.

The therapist was found several hours later by Draco Malfoy, who desired another session. Immediately, the boy ran to his head of house.

Severus was distraught to hear the news, and sent Mr. Malfoy to the hospital wing for help. Arriving at his friend's office, his heart dropped when he saw letters scrawled in blood on the front of the desk.

Those too concerned with what they shouldn't be will too fall prey.

Apparently, Severus realized, whoever had opened the Chamber was someone who came to Cassie.