3

That weekend, Cassie was going to spend the weekend in Lily's dorm since there was a spare bed.

She was going to hang out with Lily and Severus the whole day, but she was stopped by all the teachers who saw her on her way to the paved courtyard.

"What took you so long?" Lily asked.

"I am failing all my classes." Cassie mumbled.

"How?" Lily asked.

"I don't know.  I can't do anything right. Potions and Transfiguration are the worst, especially Potions. Slughorn tries to help, but nothing works, I just don't understand anything about it."

"It'll be ok, we'll help, right Severus?"

"Yeah." Severus agreed.

"When are we starting?" Cassie asked.

"Whenever you want."

"How about Sunday afternoon?"

"Ok, for right now, we'll just relax."

That night, Cassie was being really shy because she was in the Griffindor common room with the Marauders, and everyone was talking to her.

"Come on Cassie,  let's go to my dorm." Lily finally said, saving the first year from further questions.

When they got upstairs,  the other three girls in the room were there.

They were all curious about her, and Lily said that they should talk about girly things.

"Lily?"

"What is it Cassie?"

"What does it mean when a boy smiles at you and you get a weird feeling in your stomach?"

"Well,  at your age, normally nothing. Now, when you get to be 14 like us, it means you like him."

"Oh." Cassie blushed bright red.

"Why? What boy?" one of the girls asked.

"You'll all laugh." Cassie replied.

"No we won't,  we promise!" another girl protested.

"No."

"Come on!" the third girl said.

"I'm not sure."

"Cassie, just get it over with. We'll find out eventually." Lily told the young girl.

"Well..... ok. I-it was Severus." Cassie admitted reluctantly,  turning even redder.

"Oh, you two would make a really cute couple!" one of the girls said, squealing.

"James wouldn't like that very much." another commented.

"But you two would be adorable!" The third said.

"Well, I was not expecting that. I was kinda expecting you to say Sirius, Remus,  or Regulus." Lily replied.

"They're weird." Cassie replied.