Chapter 2

I was in a room, an office perhaps. Bookshelves lined the walls, a big wooden desk sat in the centre of the room, a glass sliding door right behind the desk that led through a balcony.

The room was huge, with the bookshelves and all, but somehow it only contained a notebook that was obviously old. It was on the huge desk that was void of any other objects except for the notebook, a pen, and a few papers scattered around.

I walked towards it, enticed by the old feel the office was giving me and the mysterious looking notebook lying on the table. Motionless. Waiting to be read.

".........what are you doing here?"

I turned around, startled by the person who called me.

He was probably my father.

And he called me, by my name. Surely at the beginning of what he said, he mentioned my name. But I didn't hear it, it seemed like someone was preventing me to.

A look of disappointment crossed his features.

"I told you not to enter this room."

"I wasn't doing anything." Was the reply I ought to say, but the words that came out of my mouth were different.

"Sorry, dad." It was the reply I told him instead. But the thing is, I wasn't the one doing the talking. It was me in this timeline.

I was living through a memory.

Or so I thought.

***

I was awoken by the feeling of being shaken, like there was an earthquake.

I squeezed my eyes tightly before slowly opening them.

"Rise and shine, you shank. No time to waste"

It was that Asian guy again, constantly shaking the other end of the hammock I was sleeping in.

"You just had to pick Newt's hammock to sleep in, huh?" He smirked and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at me.

I was too exhausted to actually ask for my own place to sleep in last night that I just looked for a random hammock to sleep in.

"I wouldn't be surprised if you shanks make babies here in the Glade."

I frown at him.

But then he shakes off his joking demeanor and turns serious again.

"Follow me." He says then walks out of the Homestead, avoiding bodies lying on the ground in the process.

"Where are we going?" I questioned.

He didn't answer and just kept walking.

It was roughly around 5 in the morning, all the other gladers were still asleep in the Homestead.

We were heading towards the West wall of the Maze. A couple more steps later, we arrive right next to it. Minho steps closer and parts the ivy that covers an old, dusty window.

"Eyes here, greenie." He instructs and snaps his fingers in front of the window while his other hand rests against his waist, his body angled in a slanting manner as his foot was crossed over the other.

I step closer and plant my palms on the window. "What do you want me to see, Minho?" I impatiently ask.

"Just stand still and shut up you slinthead." He pushes my head even closer to the window to the point that my nose was squished.