Chapter 6

Black.

Everything was black.

Am I dead?

"She's gonna be okay, man."

"She better be."

"Is she your girlfriend now?"

"Shut it, Minho."

The voices belonged to Newt and Minho.

I'm alive!

I slowly open my eyes and everything was still blurry, just seeing a mixture of colors and shapes.

I blinked a couple of times before my vision cleared.

A groan was the first thing that left my lips. At this, Newt's attention focused on me.

"Hey." He slightly smiled at me, almost looking too shy to do so.

"I'm gonna leave you two lovebirds alone, still gotta get up and leave early tomorrow. Don't get too distracted, Newt." Minho smirked, before throwing us a quick salute and sauntered outside the room.

I could only shake my head at Minho's crazy antics.

"Oh and one more thing," Minho stops himself before he could fully get out of the door, half of his body still inside while the other half on the other side of the door. "Stay protected, kids." He winked and ran away before Newt could do something.

"That crazy shank." Newt shakes his head before becoming serious again, his eyes boring into mine.

His hair was disheveled, dark circles under his chocolate brown eyes, a faint hint of stubble on his face. He looked untidy but at the same time, he still managed to look so hot.

He cleared his throat, and it was then that I realized that I have been staring at him longer than necessary.

I could feel blood rush to my cheeks and I quickly look away.

"How..how do you feel?" Newt hesitantly asks.

How do I feel?

"What happened?" I was beyond puzzled.

His eyes noticeably widen but he quickly recovers, "You don't remember anything?"

I simply shook my head as an answer.

"Seth did something to you." Newt said.

At the mention of Seth's name, I only became more confused. But seconds after, everything came back to me.

Seth tried to kill me.

I inwardly shook my head. He didn't do it. It was someone else, controlling him and his body.

Remembering all of it, my hands flew to my arms, my stomach and my thigh. But everytime I touched the parts of my body where I have been wounded, I felt nothing but smooth and unopened flesh. No traces of wounds whatsoever.

I looked back at Newt but he didn't looked surprised at all.

"What...happened to me?" My eyebrows scrunched up together, not being able to comprehend what really happened.

He shrugged but explained anyways, "When I got you, I remembered that you had slits in your arms and thigh. You lost a lot of blood, I even thought you were going to..." He trailed off, suddenly not wanting to continue. He had a grim expression on his face before continuing, "...die. But you didn't. You did the complete opposite. Something impossible but something you were able to do."