Chapter 9

Sorry for the very late update. This isn't proofread, but I hope you still like it. This is an extra long chapter since I missed 2 updates I think? Anyways read on and enjoy 😊

-

You know the feeling when you're conscious but still not awake?

Well, to put it simply, it's when you hear your alarm clock buzzing in the real world and yet you think you're just hearing it in your dream.

Cause that's what I'm feeling right now.

A series of thumps against the wooden door from the real world can be heard but I'm stuck in dreamland, not knowing how to fully wake up whatsoever.

"She-bean, time for training."

My eyes snapped open at the mention of training.

What training?

But before I could ask any more questions to myself, the door burst open.

"What took you so- oh." Thomas' mouth was ajar as he caught himself mid-sentence.

"What oh?" I ask, still comfortably snuggled against a warm pillow.

Wait, warm pillow?

I looked closely at the pillow in front of me.

The pillow has a shirt and it's breathing!! The thing's breathing!!

I looked up and saw Newt's face scrunched up.

"What's the bloody noise all about?" He groggily asked.

Our limbs were tangled together, my head resting on his arm, his other arm holding me in place.

"Guess you had a wild night." Thomas murmured awkwardly by the doorframe, eyeing the pillows scattered around.

I could feel blood rush to my cheeks, making it warm and surely leaving a bright red color.

Newt shifted beside me, a reminder that he was still there.

"What are you on about, Tommy?" Newt says with a frown, now looking at Thomas but still laying down.

Thomas shifted uncomfortably in his place by the doorframe. "Meet me downstairs. I'll just...just leave you both alone...first." He stutters before leaving us both and slamming the door shut behind him.

Then my mind began to process things. Things like I was practically snuggled up to Newt.

Not wanting to embarrass myself any further, I push Newt away and he ended up rolling off the bed and landing on the wooden floor with an 'oof'

I sat up and looked at Newt from my spot on the bed.

"How did all the pillows end up down there?" I asked, my eyes scanning the room now filled with pillows.

"I don't bloody know, Char." He replied.

"Well then how did you-" I caught myself before I could continue.

Both our eyes widened in realization. He uttered a name so randomly that I almost didn't notice he said it!

"What did you just call me, Newt?" I cautiously ask.

I didn't want to expect that it was really my name that he called me. What if it was just a random thought of his? I would just end up disappointed since I have been longing to know my name since the moment I have arrived in The Glade.

"I...I called you Char (shar)" His brows creased together, a thing he always does when he's deep in thought.

"Where'd you get that name, Newt?" I ask again.