Same Difference

Everyone got up in the house at the same time. It was time to line up and got to the bathroom. Then breakfast. Our bottoms hit the chairs at the same time.

The usual plain breakfast our mother made for us everyday. It was time for our morning small talk. It consisted of: 'how was your sleep?' 'Good' 'that's nice'

We all had a unusually big smile on our faces. It was finally time to head out.

"We're going now"

We could hear this phrase echoing throughout the whole neighbourhood.

Everyone walked in lines to go to school, or work. Every either went to school or work.

The classes were all the same as usual. The 'stray' however walked in late and his chair made a loud squeak as he pulled it out.

He sighs and puts his elbow on his desk. No one notices him, we weren't allowed to notice him.

After the lesson it was time for our break. We all lined up to get our sandwiches that were always filled with the same contents for as long as I could remember.

Everyone had assigned positions, were they'd have to spend their whole break. I was assigned under the tree with my assigned 'friend'

"Hey (y/n) how are you?"

"Hey Jimin I'm great"

I could hear the same conversation going around the whole school. We ate in silence until the bell went. It was time to repeat the process.

~~~~~•~~~~~

It was my family's turn to go to the movies today. Every family has to go to the movies once a week, or else the entertainment industry would go bankrupt.

We all lined up inside the dark rooms as we sat down on our seats. Our seats never changed, never.

The curtains opened and a movie started playing. Everyone let out an automated 'oh' as the 'actors' came up on the screen. There were some robotic cheers in the crowd. Everyone had known the process by now.

While watching the robotic like acting on the screen a noise caught my attention. I cocked my head to the side. What was that? It wasn't like anything I'd heard before. Maybe it was my signal to go to the toilet. I looked around and everyone's eyes were glued to the screen, with the same expressions on their faces, smiling.

I got up slowly and walked towards the it. Maybe it'll lead me to the toilet. But to my surprise it didn't. My eyes widen as I see the stray, so does his.

Oh no I made eye contact with the stray. I quickly turned around and tried to pretend I didn't see him but he grabs my arm.

"Wait"

I tried to walk forward but he held me tightly. I had a bad feeling in my stomach.

"How come you noticed me?"

I turned around to see him with a strange expression, that I have never seen before.

I put on a confused face and he points at me.

"Oh! You can make a different expression other than that weird smile!"

I quickly put my face back to its 'weird' smiling position and his face drops.

"Who are you? Another stray?"

His eyes lit up and I shake my head furiously.

"No way!"

Alarms started ringing everywhere. Frightened I looked around. Oh no! I spoke out of line.

"Yo-you spoke!"