Dogs

"Hello, my names (y/n), I just moved in next door and I-"

I held up the plate in my hands to the camera with the sweetest smile I could make.

"-brought rice cakes"

I waited for some kind of reply but I heard nothing but the barking of a dog. After a couple of awkward seconds standing out side smiling I finally heard a human voice.

"Y-yes I'm sorry I can't really- DEMI STOP IT ahem -I can't really come to the door right now"

His voice seemed to show that he was struggling very much with his dog so I decided to just leave him alone.

I walked away bitterly at the awkward situation I had just experienced.

"Unnie! I told you no one brings rice cakes to people's houses anymore!"

I yelled furiously, blaming her for what I had to go through.

"It was an act of friendliness, which you probably don't know anything about"

I just huffed at her as I opened my bedroom window's curtains. My eyes winced at the bright light. Once My eyes adjusted I spotted the next door neighbour scolding a border collie who was sitting, looking awfully guilty.

The dog then put his paw over his snout making him look like he was ashamed. It brought a smile to my face. The owner caved in to the dogs cuteness and tackled it with hugs and kisses. The dog unfortunately did not return his hugs but instead kicked his face and ran off.

I continued to watch them as they chased each other cutely until his eyes met mine. I quickly shut the blinds hoping he didn't see me.

I hid under my blankets in embarrassment.

"(Y/n) what are you doing? Come help me unpack"

I groan like a child before dragging my feet downstairs.

*****

"Yah put a coat on its cold"

She tossed me one of my burgundy coloured coats, messing up my hair.

I put it on hastily before yelling that I was leaving. As I stepped out I instinctively grabbed my arms from the cold air that hit my face. I shivered as I breathed out white smoke from my mouth.

"Why is it so cold?"

I walked down the street, finding it a little difficult on my heels. All of a sudden a dog starts barking at me startling the beejesus out of me.

I held my heart as I look down at a smiling dog, it's tail wagging furiously fast.

"Oh why hello cutie"

I start patting it's head and it starts jumping towards my face.

"Ah calm down"

Without knowing it I had stepped back onto a curb and fell thanks to my wobbly heels. The dog took the opportunity to tackle me and start licking my face ruining my makeup.

Usually a person would scream but I was giggling very loudly.

"DEMI!"

I sense a figure rushing over and grabbing the dog, Demi, by the collar. He slowly dragged him away as he kept trying to resist him and tackle me again.