Stars

Yoongi sighed and let his body collapse on the couch tiredly.

"What's wrong?"

He turns to me slowly before shaking his head. "Nothing"

Ever since Yoongi had become an idol he's had to work himself relentlessly and push his body beyond its limits. He would come home exhausted, not being able to move more days than not. I walked over and sat next to him, wrapping my arms around his waist.

"Are you okay?"

"Yea it's just been tough lately" he smiles wearily and puts his heavy arm over me, drawing circles on my back.

I snuggle harder against him as I feel an uncomfortable heaviness in my chest. I hated seeing him suffer, I hated seeing him lethargic and tired, I hated seeing him overworking himself. He didn't deserve the pain he went through even if it made him happy in the long run. He'd always say, 'it's only for now, it'll get better soon' as I cried sometimes when he was in too much pain to even walk through the door.

His group mates worked just as hard as him and some of them were so young. Too young to carry the burdens and pressures they have.

I felt tears prickle around my eyes and Yoongi rubbed my back comfortingly.

"Why're you crying" he says softly, laughing a bit.

"You're so tired again" I sniffled, letting my tears fall.

"I'll be fine after I sleep" he breathes out before shuffling down so we were both laying beside each other, hugging.

"What did you do today" I forced my voice to come out steady.

"Nothing much just practiced for a while, then worked on some songs" his voice was strain and raw, I felt my cheeks vibrate against his chest as he talked.

"Why do you have to practice so much" I whined quietly and he smiles.

"To be perfect"

"But no one expects you to be perfect"

He just heaves out and pulls me closer to him. "It's more for us than them"

His expectations for himself were always set so high that it burdened him like a recurring nightmare. No one was a more harsher critique than his own self. I wish he'd just be happy just being himself.

There are some days where he'd come home crying about something that would be petty for most people but everything for him. Yoongi tends to hide his feelings often but when he comes home he becomes unfiltered and everything just spills out like a broken dam.

"Are you happy?"

Without hesitating he answers "yes. very"

"Really?"

"Yep"

"There's nothing you regret?"

"There's always going to be something I regret"

"What do you regret the most"

"I don't know my regrets are all pretty equal"

I pout at him angrily and he laughs quietly.

"Fine," he hums thinking of an answer "the stars"

"Stars?"