Meeting Fresh

PJ's POV

      I woke up late at night.  It was quiet.  I could almost hear my mom and dads breathing from the other room.  I had just had a nightmare, again.  I didn't scream so my parents didn't know, even though it made my spine shiver and my shoulders twitch up.  I had grown to not scream over all of my nightmares I've experienced, even if it was a one time thing. I know my parents don't like to be bothered by my stupid reasons to be scared, because I know I'm a predictable scaredy cat.
      I got out of bed and quietly tip-toed downstairs.  The stairs creaked and it almost seemed too loud, like the world could hear it. And every time it did creek I stopped dead in my tracks.  Soon after a lot of stopping a I reached the bottom and got myself some water.  After that giant adventure to get down here, I just needed a nice cold glass of water.  After the refreshing and calming drink I went right back to bed, good thing the nightmare didn't continue after that, almost as if I forgot about it in that small amount of time.
      I woke up the next morning to moms hollar.  "Sweetie! Get up!" I could smell french toast.  The smell of vanilla filled up the room making my stomach growl angerly.  It was warm because I could almost feel the touch on my bones.  And I couldn't hold myself back for another moment, and French toast was one of my absolute favorites.  I dashed downstairs still in my PJ's (Heheh get it?) .  And very quickly met my mom in the kitchen. "Oh! Downstairs already?" She asked.  "Yep!" I said joyfully.  (NOW LET ME CLAIRFY Pj originally had Errors personality but since Error is nice in this story so is PJ I just thought I would clarify for all of you pplz).  "Well how about you go get changed? Breakfast is almost ready" She said slightly laughing.  "Okay" I raced back upstairs and changed into my normal attire.
      Once I was done eating my mom gave me my backpack and asked me if I wanted to take the bus.  I said no and started walking.  I haven't told her almost everyone hates me, well except for nice people like Goth.  The sad thing about it all is even the people I haven't met hate me.  It hurts my heart to know this and not say anything, but I wasn't about to be known as the girl that went to her mommy for help.
      I Finally reached school and put my hood on my head so maybe people wouldn't recognize me at first glance.  But I knew it wouldn't work, and it didn't.  I started to run and frantically tried to find somewhere to hide.  I heard laughs and hurtful words stab me in the back one by one, and I knew I couldn't stop them.  The Tears started to form and stain my cheeks like it was raining but it wasn't.  I went to the dumpster and hid there, no one ever was there anyway so I felt I was safe there, for now.
      Someone must have heard me run here and start crying because I heard footsteps.  I stopped crying and stayed still hoping they would leave. But they knew I was there and all of the sudden I heard a voice.  "Anyone there?" Then I saw someone peek around the dumpster and see me crying in utter agony, all alone.  "Oh little broski why ya be cryin?" He asked.  His voice was very hipster-like, but sweet and cool.  I knew from the moment he said something, he was nice and a popular guy, and he switches out most of the words he says with different words that sound more 'fresh'.  I looked away from him, not wanting him to see my cheek stains, then start laughing.  "Why do you care" I asked quietly, almost so he couldn't hear me.  He smiled "I always care for sad broskis when they need it!".  I smiled a bit at that, he was comedian, I knew it from the start. Then he sat beside me.  "So why dontcha tell ya ol' pal Fresh whats buggin ya?" he asked again.  I sighed. "Its nothing really, people just enjoy bullying me, I don't really know why but they just do it, I don't even know what I've done to feel so much hatred" I admitted.  Now that I thought about it, it frustrated me and angered me how they carelessly bullied me.  He lowered his voice.  "Well, I'll make sure that stops" He said sternly.  I turned and looked at him.  "What do you mean?" I asked.  "If they don't have a good reason to hurt ya then I'll make sure they get whats coming" He said.  This twinkle flashed in my mind as he spoke, almost as if I felt safe in my heart because of what he said.  Even though it made me feel safer I said, "Oh, Well I don't think it will do any good but thanks anyway MR...." "Fresh" he finished for me.  "MR. Fresh" I said.  "Trust me I'll do whatever It takes little broski" "My name is PaperJam" I corrected.  "Nice name PJ, Welp see ya on the flip side" he said and got up.  "Ya know.. Why don't you come with me?" he asked.  I stared at him for a moment, I was shocked.  No ones ever asked me that before, I guess I was use to being hated that I forgot about the positive possibility's. "What?" I asked.  "Yeah I can just take ya to class is all" he said.  I smiled and got up too, which was my answer to his question.
      I walked by his side.  People stared at us, some looked shocked.  But I didn't care for once, and the best part was I wasn't called names like normal.  Suddenly I fell to the ground, and put my hands out to cushion my fall.  Mr. Fresh looked at me and then to a kid that was behind me, with his hands out and a evil smirk on his face.  "Hey! What was that for!?" Mr. Fresh asked.  "What? Shes just a loser why do you care?" The kid asked disgusted.  "That kid is my friend! Tell me why shes a loser" Fresh pressured him daringly.  "I- Uh.." the kid didn't actually know why, he seemed lost in some kind of maze but being chased by wolves at the same time.  Making it hard to concentrate and pay attention.  "That's what I thought now leave her alone or ELSE" Mr. Fresh threatened. The kid quickly ran off, almost tripping at his step but still running like a coward.
      I sat there surprised, and shocked. I didn't know he would do that, or even be so threatening for me.  All of the sudden Mr. Fresh held out his hand to me, and I took it.  He hauled me up and then we began walking the rest of the way to my class.  "Um thanks for what you did earlier" I said.  "Eh it was no biggy" He said like it really was no problem, but I knew deep down it was.  "Well I'll see you later Mr. Fresh!" I said with a smile.  "Heh yeah" he said.  I walked into my class happy for once, mostly because I think I have a friend.  And it felt good for once.