The murderer

Fresh's POV

Soon as day's went by, everything was just a quick blur, Just a distant memory but so hard to see clearly now.   Although we'll probably never forget anything, the pain, the crying. We still would laugh and smile, does anyone remember that or anything around the bad things? It's funny how the worse things cover up all of the good things, like a blanket that you don't want to get out of.  It's confusing, I thought they would want to forget out of all things, but instead it's the first thing you think.

PJ insisted we still live our lives the same, and try to put it behind us as best we can, I love how she's so sure and confident. Almost like she can feel the future, so soft and warm to her finger tips.  And she can see a blinding light that's so welcoming and reassuring, something you just feel you can trust.  I hope soon I can see that same thing, but at the same time. I don't know if it's a trap or not, it could easily be lying to me, tricking me.  But it seemed to lure in PJ so why don't I go too?

Ink still hates me, she doesn't always cook for me, but she does help me.  I don't ask for her help ever, I'd rather not bother her.  But she helps me when I need it, especially if I stumble and fall. She gets me back up and hands me my crutches. I just got them, to get me use to walking on my feet, and it made a big difference. I can almost walk straight without falling. I think slowly she's starting to accept me and face the fact that Error wasn't going to come back. Or change.

I woke up to a new morning, the sun wasn't out yet otherwise my eyes would hurt from the sun.  I sleep next to a window, or near one so it only made sense to die of sun every once in awhile.  I sat up in the couch that was like soft memory foam, and I put on my jacket that was sitting on the floor.  Then my shades and hat, I heard footsteps coming downstairs faint ones that made the stairs silently creak with each step closer.  It was Ink and Pj was walking behind her.  "Fresh, PJ? I've decided something." Ink began as she sat down on the couch next to me.  "What?" PJ asked just standing there folding her arms.  I looked at Ink as she continued "You guys are going to school today" She said quickly. "What!?" Me and PJ both said in surprise.  "Mom the kids there are complete nightmares! They almost killed me last time, remember!?" PJ yelled shocked her heart pounding, almost as if you could hear it from so far away. "Yes but they have surely heard about somethings, and they'll leave you alone"  "Ink, they won't change their point of view towards her that's who they are, if anything they'll mock her more because she lost her dad!" "Then you'll have the same punishment! I don't care about your opinions, you can't predict what'll happen. Now get ready and go I will not hear any complaints" She snapped at me.

We did as she instructed and soon we were heading to school.  It was quiet for the first few minutes, we didn't want to say much after getting yelled at. But I hated silence, it made me think and would eventually make me regret everything and cry so I spoke up.  "Don't worry, if anything goes wrong. I'll protect you" I said to her.  She turned and looked at me with a smile. "I know you will"

We got to the school and began walking to the back of it, everyone stared. I felt their eyes burn into my back like millions of little flames slowly making their way to my bones.  I held PJ close to my side, as we walked faster.  Nothing had happened, no one yelled or came up to us.  Then that made me wonder, what exactly did they hear?  What if they heard the wrong story, did the hear the wrong thing? It gave me a unsure feeling, like butterflies in my stomach but much worse,  Like a thousand of them. I didn't know the same thing they knew.  I heard Pj whisper to me. "They look scared"  I knew she was right.   They did look scared, but the only thing I wondered, that hovered over my mind. Was what was it about?

She stopped making me stop and then she looked at me "I'm gonna go to class, on my own"  That shocked me and sent this electric feeling up my spine. "What!? You can't go alone, what if you get hurt!?" I asked terrified and slightly trembling.  "Fresh I'm not a kid, I can defend myself, besides you're on crutches and you shouldn't go an extra distance" She was right, but there was something telling me to convince her to let me come with her, but another to let her go.  I sighed for a long moment. "Okay" She smiled and went on her tip toes to kiss my cheek, then went her separate ways.

I began slowly going to my own class, I didn't completely believe she could defend herself, she didn't last time. But I know she was a lot more confident now, I know she could.  I saw a group of kids point at me whispering and I stopped and looked at them, confused. Their eyes got wide as they stopped and stared back.  Then one whispered to another, and then surprisingly someone walked up to me. "Uh... Fresh?" I looked at them, "Yeah?" I asked surprised on how terrified they looked, as their legs trembled like they were about to collapse. "Are the rumors true..?"  I was confused and also scared to know what they meant, but I asked anyway. "What rumors?" I asked. They stayed quiet for a moment, then they gulped. "Did you really kill PJ's dad?"