Walking

Freshs POV

I knew it. This is it. (Lets all take a moment for Fresh before he dies)

Ink looked at me. And slowly walked toward me.  I wish I could run, but I couldn't.  I could just watch her slowly approach me.
She reached the end of my bed.  But, instead of landing an attack or yelling.  She said.  "How do you do it..?"  I was confused on what she meant. Why am I not dead was my main question. "Huh? What do you mean?" I asked.  She sighed "You lost... Everything, so how are you still so happy?"
I stayed quiet for a moment.  Lost in my own thoughts.  I Haven't thought about it.  I finally found the pieces to make a answer, eventually.  "Let me guess, you lost everything too.  Well I just try to forget about it I guess.  I know it doesn't seem that simple but it is" I said.  She looked at me.
I went on "Why would you ask me though? Don't you hate me?" "Of course I hate you! Error is GONE because of you! Don't think I don't want to kill you because I could right now!! But.. PJ loves you... And I.. Hate that, but... I can't put her through more suffering" Inks voice got quiet and serious.  "Can you... Promise me something?" She asked.  I hesitated.  She wants me to promise her something? Where is she going with this...? "Uh.. Yeah what is it?" I questioned.  She got close to me, and said.  "Promise me... You'll never. Hurt. My Jammy again.  As long as your with her. You'll keep her safe"
I didn't want to hurt her. So it was an easy promise.  "You have my oath" I said.  "Good. Now Im going home..." I heard her voice tremble. And she started crying. Softly, crying. She turned to leave.  "Wait" She looked at me.  I sat up, and stood up. I felt like I was going to fall.  But I Stepped forward and then hugged her.  "Huh?" I sighed.  "You can hate me. But just wait till Im okay to kill me.  Anyway, thanks for trusting me with your daughter.  I promise, I'll die for her I'd go to hell and back, and even farther.  I'll do anything for her" I said quietly. She hugged back and calmed down a bit.  "Okay. Bye Fresh" And then Ink left.  And I struggled to sit back down.
Im glad that went well, I was sure I was gonna die.  But instead, she asked for my help. Who would have thought?

~Tem skip~

I was slowly trying to walk.  I took one step forward.  I have started walking more with ease.  Which means soon, I can go see PJ. I still cant wait for that day.  I tripped and fell over, again.
I got back up and continued forward.  Theres no way I'm gonna give up, I want to be able to get to the door by the time I'm done.  I can get to the wall, but can I get to the door? If so. Can I make it back?
I took it steadily so I wouldn't fall again. Then I felt my hand on the doorknob. I made it! Finally.  I looked behind me.  Now to make it back.
I took a step forward and one by one, I began walking.
Im walking. Im actually walking! Im doing it! Then I fell onto my bed.  Yes I can walk! Or better... I can't wait to tell Fika that I'm improving.
Just then she walked in.  "Hey Fresh! How are you?" "Im good actually! I walked today!" I said happily.  "Thats great! Once you get the hang of it, I can take you to see PJ" she said with a smile.  "Awesome! Im so excited. But I have a question. Why cant I just use a wheelchair?" I asked.  "Well, if you walk, you get farther into being stronger. Also some complicated stuff" She explained. "Oh okay"
She began to change my medicine.  "PaperJam is really excited to see you" Fika said out of nowhere.  "She is?" I asked. "Of course! She wont stop talking about you! Her nurse tells me everything she does" I smiled.  "Im excited to see her too, do you know if she got my letter?" I asked.  "She did! Shes really happy to know your doing okay" "Great I've been afraid she didnt get it" Fika laughed.  "How could she not? It was special" She said.  "Yeah I guess it was"
Fika finished.   "Wanna practice a bit? I want to see how much you've improved on your own" She said.  "Oh sure!"
I got up and stood quite easily.  She was going to tell me to take it easy but kept her mouth shut instead.  I began to slowly walk across the room. Step by step.  "Wow your doing great!" She said.  Then I made it to the door. I turned and I began to walk back and safely made it back to my bed.  "Few I thought I would trip for a moment" I admitted.  "Well you didn't! Lets do a few more" She said.  I began again, and we did a few of them, I almost fell a few times but I did amazing otherwise.
I sat back down, pretty tired from all of that.  "Wow Fresh I'm amazed with how good you've gotten over a couple of days! Soon you can start practicing magic" Fika said joyfully.  "Really? Coolio" I replied.  "Well I should get going, I'll come back soon" Fika said.
She left and I was on my own again.  So I decided to watch some TV to pass the time.

~Tem skip~

Soom Fika walked in again.  "Fresh I got a question" She immediantly said.  "Oh? What is it?" I asked. She was quiet for moment and giving me a look. "How would you like to see Paperjam?"