тωєℓνє

Cornelia.
   I know why Jefferson sounds familiar.
My older sister, Cornelia, was adopted by him when our parents died. And she was inside this building with me.

~~~

"Y/N? Are you alright?"
I felt light headed, my thoughts rushing. "Y-yeah," I muttered, dismissing the matter with a flick of my hand, "Go on."
Jefferson nodded carefully, then clasped his hands together. "Right, as I was saying, she's taking a break in the other room. Since, you know, I didn't want her to get overwhelmed by the meeting."
He suddenly snapped his fingers and Madison stood up. "Yes, Thomas?" he said sarcastically.
"Go fetch me Cornelia, will you Jemmy?" he said flatly, locking my eye contact. "I'm sure she'd love to meet you, Miss Y/N."
"Yes, Thomas," Madison repeated with an eye roll. He went off to the other room.
   I traveled back to my thoughts. I can't believe this. Will she remember me? Will she act just as Jefferson is to Hamilton?
   "You needed me out here, sir?" A girl walked out of the other room, rushing right up to Jefferson's side. He barely glanced at her, and she tried to look into his eyes. I recognized her curly golden hair that flows down to her shoulders, and her brilliant emerald eyes that light up the room. She didn't seem to see me.
   I gapped at her while Jefferson spoke. "Cornelia, this is Hamilton's daughter. Be nice," he snapped to her, then turned over to the table, which he slammed his hands down onto. Hamilton gave me a reassuring glance, then sat down.
   I tuned out the debate, turning to Cornelia. She was looking me up and down. I gently waved a hand. "Um, hi."
   "So, you're Hamilton's daughter?" she raised an accusing eyebrow. I nodded slowly, and she turned her head away from me. "Disgusting."
   My stomach fell. "What's so wrong with my family?"
   "Do you expect me to be nice to you just because daddy told me to? Our fathers hate eachother. There's no way we can be friends," she growled.
   "I-I mean, he's not my biological father," I said, fiddling my with fingers. She raised her eyebrow at me again.
   "He isn't?"
   "N-no, he adopted me," then I added quickly, "That's what Jefferson did to you, right?"
   She narrowed her eyes at me. "Where did your real family live, on the side of the road in a cardboard box?" she sneered. I almost laughed, since I knew we grew up with the same family.
   "Cornelia," I started, matching eye contact. I didn't let her break away. "It's me, Y/N."
   Her face twisted into sorrow and confusion. "Y/N?" she said softly, then stepped back. "You're not my sister."
   "I am! I can prove it. My parents died in the English Channel. Remember the letter? I was seven. I'm twenty one now."
   "T-twenty one?" she stuttered.
   I cut her off, anger bubbling up inside me. "My real last name is L/N!" I said roughly. She gasped.
   "Y/N L/N? Wait, Y/N? H-how did you end up with someone like Ha-"
   "Never insult my family again," I hissed. This wasn't the sister I once knew.
   "Y/N, wait..."
   I didn't listen, just turned around and ran outside. The politicians at the table looked up from yelling at eachother.
   "Y/N?" I heard Hamilton call before I shut the door behind me. Tears welled in my eyes. Why does everyone have to hate my family name? What did we do wrong?
   I sat down on a chair outside, then wiped my eyes with my dress sleeve. The door opened, and a worried Hamilton plopped next to me.
   "Are you alright?"
   I threw my hands up in defeat. "Yes, this is what I look like and where I go when I'm alright," I hissed, "No, I'm not okay."
   "What's wrong, honey?" he asked, pulling a strand of hair behind my ear.
   "Why does everyone hate us?"
   The question caught him off guard, and he blinked. "Er, I don't know?"
   "I mean, my mother is the sweetest woman ever. I have the funniest and adorable siblings, and my father works to build America," I sniffed.
   He cleared his throat. "Like I said, I don't know. But not everybody has to like us. Listen, when I was a kid, no one took my parents seriously. They called us names and I couldn't go out into public without being whispered about."
   "What? What did your family do?"
  He sighed, looking down. "My parents never were married, and people say I was a... Mistake. Then my father left when I was around ten, and we were poor. M-my mother died later, when I was twelve..." he trailed off. "She got sick."
   "Did you have siblings?"
   "My older brother James protected us when my father left. When I was seventeen, a hurricane came. I never saw him again after the storm."
   He stared off into the distance, as if he was reliving the tragedies of his childhood. "I-I have no idea, I'm so sorry, father," I stammered. He smiled briefly.
   "It's fine, we have to let go the past, right?" he chuckled. Then he stood up suddenly, reaching out his hand to take mine. "I'm sorry that Cornelia is so much like her father. She's your sister, right?"
   I took his hand, standing up. "Not anymore."

a/n
s c r e a m
lmao was that okay? That's not how I expected it to turn out tbh but I like it. So yeah, there's Cornelia.
Also, I'm working on another Hamilton story: it's a modern highschool AU from Alex's point of view. I'd love it if more people could read it and give me opinions and suggestions. Thanks.
It's called Hamilton: Highschool [Alexander's pov]
yep bye

petunia xxx
also the picture at the top is supposed to resemble a hurricane like what Alex was talking about
also I took the picture on the way back from the lake and put filters over it hah lol