тнιятєєи

He stood up suddenly, reaching out his hand to take mine. "I'm sorry that Cornelia is so much like her father. She's your sister, right?"
   I took his hand, standing up. "Not anymore."

~~~

   Hamilton let me sit at the debate table, and I sat quietly. I listened to him and Jefferson argue about America's debt. Cornelia was in the corner of the room, keeping her eyes on me. I ignored her. No one talks to my family like that and gets away with it.
   Jefferson yelled something and Hamilton screamed something back, and soon they were beating eachother up. Madison looked bored to death, staring off into space. Washington stood up and told them to take a seat.
   "You both are acting like wild animals!" he spat, and the two immediately took their seats. "You're being horrible role models for your daughters."
   "Sorry, sir," Hamilton and Jefferson said at the same time. Washington looked over to me with a chuckle.
   "This is why I was wary about bringing other people into the congress room. Now, back to business!"
   "As I was saying, Thomas, don't talk to me about the war! You were off banging women in France while we were stealing cannons!" Hamilton shouted. I held in a giggle.
   "I may of not have been in the war, but I'm the secretary of state, I know what I'm doing. You're only trying to help yourself."
   "Am not!"
   "Are to!"
   "Am not!"
   "They fight like children," I heard Madison mumbled next to me. "Agree on something and move on, for once."
   "I regret coming to this," I rubbed my forehead.
   "I regret being hired."

   After the meeting, Hamilton and I marched proudly out of the congress building.
   "You gave him a piece of your mind," I grinned.
   "I knew he'd give in. I'm great at this, huh?" he chuckled.
   "Uh, yeah, great at punching people because they don't agree with you," I giggled. He scrunched up his nose.
   "I didn't punch him this time. Just slapped him."
   "Like that's better," I rolled my eyes playfully. We laughed together, until I heard someone call to me behind me.
   "Y/N, wait!"
   It was Cornelia. I turned around, ready to face her. I was about to give her a piece of my mind too, for insulting my family. Woah, I'm sounding a lot like Hamilton nowadays.
   "What?" I asked, frustrated.
   She caught her breath and looked down. "I'm sorry, I guess I just got carried away. You're family isn't half bad, I just follow my father's example. Truly, I just want to be your sister again."
   I smiled gently. "Cornelia..."
   "I don't know what you've been through, but I don't want to make you feel like you shouldn't be with the Hamiltons. Again, I'm really sorry."
   "Cornelia! Hurry up," Jefferson yelled from a carriage.
   "Coming sir!" she shouted back. Then she turned to me. "You don't have to forgive me, but atleast accept me as your sister. Until next time, Y/N," she curtsied. Then she darted off before I could reply.
   "That was a long apology," Hamilton shrugged, "Let's go, I bet Eliza has made dinner by now."
   I beamed. "Can I come to the next cabinet meeting?"
   "I'll have to see what your mother says..."

   "No, she's not going to another one of those," Eliza snapped.
   "Mother, why not?" I groaned.
   "It isn't safe for a lady like you. I'm not allowing it," she said firmly.
   "Eliza, honey, her sister is Jefferson's daughter," Hamilton whispered to his wife.
   "Her sister? Excuse me, she was adopted. Her family is basically dead now," Eliza hissed.
  "Her name is Cornelia. I met her too, and they are definitely siblings. I can tell."
  "I can hear you guys, you know," I pouted.
   "Woah, so, I have another secret sibling? That's scary," Philip said in awe.
   "She's not your sister," I said with a huff. "She's mine."
   "But we're siblings, right? If she's your sister, then she must be mine, like Angie," he tilted his head.
   "Pip, I'm adopted."
   "What does that mean?"
"It means that Eliza didn't actually give birth to me."
   "How are babies made?" Angie blurted out. We all froze, then broke out laughing. Her small face turned pink with embarrassment. "I'm only asking!"
   "I'll tell you when you're older," Hamilton chuckled.

a/n
I know, short chapter. Shush.
btw Angie is not Angelica Schuyler.
Here just, take this:
Angelica Hamilton is nicknamed Angie to be less confusing.
Angelica Schuyler is forever Angelica.
Philip Schuyler is Eliza's dad, so his name is Dr. Schuyler.
Philip Hamilton is smol bean Pip.

petunia xx