ѕιχтєєи

I helped the kids change into pajamas, and tucked them into bed. They fell asleep almost right away, and I smiled at them dozing off. Someday I will have kids of my own. But of course, that day won't come soon. I yawned, going to my own comfy bed. I fell asleep quietly, having dreams about splashing in the lake and jumping through rain puddles.

~~~

The next day it was storming, so we stayed inside.
Dr. Schuyler and Angelica was in the kitchen and Angie was helping Eliza cook lunch. I was reading a book on the couch, when suddenly Philip sprang up behind me.
"Y/N! Grandpops is in the paper!" he whisper-yelled. I yelped, for the millionth time.
"Quit sneaking up on me!" I hissed silently back. I regain my posture and closed my book. "What does it say?"
He plopped onto the couch next to me and smoothed out the paper. "'War hero Philip Schuyler loses senate seat to young upstart Aaron Burr,'" he paused, then looked up at me. "Daddy's going to be furious."
It's like I could hear Hamilton's distant screaming. "I'm sure he already knows," I cracked a smile. "But don't tell grandfather. He's enjoying himself."
"But he'll find out," Philip whispered.
   "I'm just hoping father isn't tearing Burr to shreds..."

   αℓєχαи∂єя нαмιℓтσи'ѕ ρσν
   "I swear I ran to take the opportunity I saw, and not because he's your relative," Burr stepped back from me. I clenched my fist, but let out a deep breath and relaxed.
   "Fine. I'll see you at the meeting tonight," I muttered, turning on my heel slowly and walking down the sidewalk. I could feel his eyes staring down my back as I made my way back home.
   I opened the door, sighing with relief. I shut it, then leaned against it. Why did I not go to the lake? I could have just finished my congress plan there.
   There was a sudden knocking and I huffed. I hardly had time to regain my posture when someone kicked down my door.
   "Alex, sorry for bursting in but, my husband is on his way for payment and I just wanted to come and warn you," they panted. I crossed my arms, furious. I glared at the tan skinned female, her eyes scared and her wavy hair slapped across her face.
   "Maria, I'm not paying him anymore. This is over," I growled. Her face fell, shoulders sagging.
   "B-but-"
   "I don't care if he's blackmailing me," I said, beginning to raise my voice. "I'm cheating on my wife, and she's throwing her life away to make me happy! I'm ending the affair. Get out."
   "W-wait, you don't understand," she said pleadingly, grabbing my wrists. I tried to pull back but she dug her nails into my arms. "Please, just pay him and you can have me."
   I yanked back, bumping into the wall behind me. "I don't want you!"
   "Alex-"
   "I told you to get out of my house!" I barked. She shrunk down, hurt.
   "I-I just wanted to warn you that he's coming," she said seductively, inching closer. My face heated up, my palms beginning to sweat. "Don't you want to continue this? No body needs to know."
   "I-I can't."
   "Why? Don't say no to this," she whispered, her voice ringing through my ears. She leaned in, and our lips connected.

   уσυя ρσν
   "Checkmate," I heard Angelica say smugly, waking me up from my book world. I closed it gently, turning my head to the window. Rain pelted the glass.
   I don't know what, but something was off. I couldn't place it. It felt like Hamilton was doing something wrong.
   "Ah, Angie!" Eliza shrieked from the kitchen. "Why is the stove burning?"
   "Oops," my little sister apologized, and I saw smoke pour out of the room. Dr. Schuyler stood up urgently.
   "Girls, what's going on?" he called.
   Eliza sighed, coming into the living room holding a smoking pan. "Angie burnt the turkey. I need to buy another but it's raining and the store is an hour and a half away..."
   "I can do it," I raised my hand, not knowing what I was getting myself into.
   "Y/N, you would do that for me?" she gushed, "Thank you! We don't have umbrellas, though..."
   "It's fine, I like walking in the rain," I said, throwing on my coat. She handed me money, and I opened the front door. "I'll be back by nightfall."
   Shutting it behind me, I wrapped my coat closer to my body. It was freezing, and I was instantly drenched in rain. I splashed through puddles and began my long walk to the store.
   Hardly one fourth of the journey there, I noticed someone walking on the other side of the road with an umbrella. It was a man dressed in black, and his coat collar hid his face. I ignored him, admiring the wet trees.
   I felt his eyes glance over to me. He looked both ways quickly and came across the street to me. I backed to the side in alarm.
   "Excuse me, ma'am, I can see you're drenched in rain. Where are you off to?" he asked politely. I raised an eyebrow. He had dark green eyes and shaggy red hair that blew into his eyes from the wind. Freckles dotted his face like the night sky, and he seemed shockingly familiar.
"The store," I responded without emotion. Eliza told me to not talk to strangers, especially if it's a shady guy wearing all black in the rain when you're alone. I began to briskly walk again but he caught up to me.
"Would you like to share an umbrella? I'm going the same direction."
I shook my head. "No, thank you, sir."
"You don't need to call me sir, I'm only twenty six."
I raised my eyebrow at him again. "You look older."
He pulled his coat down a bit so I could see his face more clear. "Could I get your name, miss?"
"Y/N Hamilton," I replied, stopping to curtsy. He tilted his head in surprise.
"Y/N Hamilton? Have we met?"
I shrugged, continuing to walk. "Most likely not. You probably just heard about my father in the paper. He's not my real father; I was adopted."
"Y-you were?" he stammered.
"Got a problem with that, sir?"
"N-no I just- Sorry, I'm stuttering. I'm adopted aswell. My original family abandoned me back in England so I was shipped here and taken in by a foster family. Of course, they died not to long ago, both from falling ill..."
"Oh, I'm really sorry," I said, guilty that I made him bring that up. "My parents died in the English Channel. My brother was given to my grandmother in England and my sister to Jefferson in France. Of course, my father knows Jefferson and only a few days ago I met my sister again. Anyways, I was tossed into different families every year and ended up with Alexander Hamilton finding me stealing soup," I chuckled the last part, "I've been with him for nine years."
"Why are you out here in the middle of the country?" he asked, changing the subject. I didn't realize it but I was tucked underneath his umbrella and we were walking together, our shoulders touching.
"My family, minus my father, is taking a break at the lake. Grandfather lives down here so we'll be coming every summer from now on. And you?"
"A friend invited me to stay here for the summer since I have no other relatives to spend time with. Who came with you?"
"Oh, my two younger siblings, my aunt, and my mother."
"No husband or kids?" he asked. He seemed a bit happy but otherwise did not show any other reaction.
"I'm not married."
He blinked, and I noticed pink dusting his cheeks. "I think we have met. You're little brother came up to me one afternoon and asked me if I was in the war. Then you dragged him away. Right?"
I gasped, then nodded. "I remember you. I didn't get your name."
"Ah, dreadful etiquette, I know," he suddenly bowed, "Lucas Jensen, miss. You may call me Luke or just Lucas is fine."
"Luke. I like that name," I half smiled, and he gave me a dimpled grin.
We talked for a long time until we finally reached the store, both of us exhausted. I bought the turkey, along with a few other things we may need. He bought his things aswell and he walked me back home, the rain clearing up slowly.
"Will I see you again, Miss Hamilton?" he asked me once we stopped at my doorstep.
"Of course, Mr Jensen," I winked, and brushed hair out of my face. "Keep an eye out for me."
"Will do."
I waved goodbye and entered the house. "Anyone home?" I called. Funny, everyone is probably at the lake since it's sunny again. I dropped the bag of food down on the kitchen counter and curled up onto the couch, opening my book.
I hardly paid attention to the words, just my own thoughts. Today was a good day. Luke was so kind and gallant. I hope that he stays that way when we get married.
What am I thinking? He's probably seeing someone. I shouldn't trust him.

a/n
Yeah, I changed it to someone else's pov. Chill yo beans. I'll probably not do that for a long time. I only wanted to allow you, reader, to see what Alex was doing back at home. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Right now, we're at the time of Cab Battle #2. Soon, my friends, soon.

I'm going to add Maria more in this once the pamphlet is published. Same with James Reynolds. And no, King George isnt in this story. Sorryz

petunia xxx