ѕєνєитєєи

Today was a good day. Luke was so kind and gallant. I hope that he stays that way when we get married.
What am I thinking? He's probably seeing someone. I shouldn't trust him.

~~~
a/n
yo if u dont attract to boys, sorry that im making y/n like a guy. It was kinda illegal back then to like someone of the same sex so ://
luke x y/n it is
make a ship name in ur head XD

The next few months were filled with excitement. Mostly because Luke was around.
So far it's November. We weren't supposed to stay this long, but we received a letter from Hamilton.
"Dear family,
This year has great weather; I recommend everyone stays longer, atleast until the winter. My plan got through to congress, so I'm hoping I'm able to come to the lake in a bit. See you soon,
A.Ham."
I was dismayed that he wanted us to stay longer, but no one seemed to take it in a serious way. They thought that he was right; the weather was nice and he would join us soon. But I knew. I knew he was up to something and didn't want us coming home to see it.
It was on my mind until one afternoon when I was sitting on a bench at the lake with Luke. He was reading a newspaper.
"What are you reading?" I asked after long moments of silence. He blinked at me, then scrambled to hide it.
"Nothing that'd you'd be interested in," he said quickly. I pouted, crossing my arms.
   "Fine. I'll find a copy somewhere else," I snorted. He tried to lighten up the mood by standing up and taking out his hand.
   "Shall we go for a stroll on the lake side, my lady?" he asked jokingly. I giggled and took his hand, stepping up.
   "We shall," I nodded politely. We ran down to the side of the lake.
   He took my hands and we stood beneath a large oak three. He grinned crookedly, looking into my eyes. "Listen, I know that we've only been dating for a few months but... I've really fallen in love with you, Y/N," he said softly, trying to hide his nervousness.
   "I love you too, Luke," I smiled, "But why are you saying this so suddenly?"
   "I-I-" he started, then bit his lip. "I know this is sudden but... I want to marry you, Y/N. I have no money, no fame, no family, but I really want to be with you," he said, then let out a breath. I heard him mutter, "That was hard."
   "Luke, of course I want to be with you too," I laughed, then my smile faded. "But we have to wait. I need my father to meet you. We need to plan everything too."
   "Right. Of course," he said, grinning. He leaned in to kiss me but we were interrupted by someone calling us.
   "Y/N!" I heard Philip yell, "Did you see the newspaper? Daddy wrote it!"
   I turned around, and he threw a paper at me. "What is this?"
   "Read it!"
   I read the headline first. "The Reynolds Pamphlet?"
   Luke suddenly snatched it from my hands. "D-don't read it!" he warned.
   "What? Luke, why?" I said, putting my hands on my hips.
   "You can't!"
   I suddenly snapped at him. "If you want to get married with me, then you have to let me earn your trust!"
   He hesitated, then lowered the paper to me. "I'm sorry," he said, kissing my forehead, "I don't want what he wrote to hurt you."
   "What? What does it say?" Philip asked, trying to look over my shoulder. I was too tall for him.
   "I thought you read it?" I asked.
   "Nope, I was waiting for you."
   I nodded, then turned back to the paper. "Er, let's see... Alexander Hamilton had a... Torrid affair..." I trailed off, "The charge against me is a connection with one James Reynolds for purposes of improper speculation. My real crime is an amorous connection with his wife for a considerable time with his knowing consent. I had frequent meetings with her, most of them at my own house. Mrs. Hamilton with our children being absent on a visit to her father."
   "Is that us?" Philip asked curiously. Luke looked guilty as ever, and he put his hand on my shoulder.
   "Are you okay?"
   My legs were shaking, my hand covering my mouth and holding in sobs. "Is this some sick joke?" I whispered.
   "He wrote it. It says it on the cover, 'Written by Alexander Hamilton himself'"
   "No, no, this isn't true. He wouldn't... He wouldn't do this to Eliza!" I started to raise my voice.
   "Eliza? Don't you usually just call her-"
   "I-I'm sorry Luke," I stepped back from him, tears in my eyes. I took Philip's wrist. "I have to go. We might leave to New York, I don't know, b-but keep in touch, okay?"
   "O-okay," he stuttered, giving a gentle and final wave. I turned on my heel and sprinted back to the house, Philip hard on my trail.
   "What's going on?" he asked. "Why are you scared?"
   "Pip, listen, don't say a word of this to mom, got it?"
   "She already knows."
   "You're kidding me."
   "No, Angelica gave me the paper."
   I burst through the front door, and immediately saw Eliza sitting on the couch, heartbroken. Angelica was patting her back, and she looked over at me, anger and fury burning in her eyes like flames.
   "Y/N, Philip, pack your bags. We're going home."

a/n

s c r e e c haaaaaahomgggmore than a thousand reads wuuuut ilya

s c r e e c h
aaaaaah
omggg
more than a thousand reads wuuuut ilya

o and ya drama is coming up ✌🏻

petunia xx