fιfтєєи

I flopped onto my bed, curling up into a little ball. I want to stay in my room and read without being bothered, just for one day. But my family has other plans, of course. Other plans to fight and argue with eachother constantly.

~~~

   The next afternoon we left for the lake. I was the only one to say goodbye to my father, who was- of course- writing in his office.
   "Father," I said, walking through the door.
   "Mhmm," he mumbled, not even glancing over his shoulder.
   "I'll, uh, miss you."
   "Okay."
   I sighed, then stepped outside the room. "Bye."
   "See you."
   I walked back downstairs, hurt. Philip was waiting for me outside with a leather bag, which carried art supplies. He beamed at me excitedly.
   "I can't wait to go to the lake, can you? Do you know how far away it is? Do you think grandpops will have another surprise for me? I hope it's art stuff. I like drawing. Hey, have you ever been swimming? I haven't. Can you teach me?"
   He blabbed on and on, all through the carriage ride over there. I sat in between him and Angie, so all I heard was arguing the whole time. Soon we arrived to a fairly big mansion, and my siblings immediately jumped off the carriage.
   "We're here!" Angie squealed eagerly.
   A tall, bald man came out of the front doors. Philip ran happily up to him.
   "Grandpops!" he screeched, tackling him in a hug. Dr. Schuyler laughed.
   "Good afternoon, Pip. And Angie. Y/N too."
   I waved gently while the other two hugged him. Eliza and Angelica carried our bags.
   "Hey father," Eliza smiled softly, kissing him on the cheek. The two women walked inside, and the rest of us followed.
   Three words: It was huge.
   In total there were five bedrooms, four restrooms, two living rooms, two kitchens, and one giant chandelier in the center of the entrance. The kids bounced up and down, sliding across the sleek marble floors.
   "This is awesome!" Philip yelled, crashing into a table with a vase.
   "Where do we sleep?" I asked. Dr. Schuyler brought our bags upstairs to a guest room.
   "This one is yours, Y/N. Pip and Angie, you two get the next door room. Eliza and Angelica, you girls sleep in the room next to mine," he explained, then looked around curiously. "And I suppose Alexander can sleep in the extra fifth room?"
   "He didn't come," my aunt sighed.
   "He didn't? You're joking."
   "No, father, he couldn't. Some busy work thing," Eliza rolled her eyes, entering her room. Angelica shrugged sadly and followed her.
  "Hmm," I heard Dr. Schuyler say to himself before he went into his bedroom, "I guess I let the wrong man become my son in law... Okay, I'll let everyone settle in and tour the house. Later we can go down to the lake."
   I opened the door to my own bedroom and instantly screamed with delight. The room had velvet colored walls and a polished wooden floor. Jade green and white bed sheets matched the curtains, which had an excellent window view of the lake far behind the house. There was a closet and vanity table with a mirror, and a bathroom off to the side. The bathroom had a shower, toilet, and a sink, but connected to my younger sibling's room.
   "Woah, Y/N, we have a Jack and Jill restroom!" Philip said, peeking out of the shower curtains. I yelped.
   "I told you not to sneak up on me!"
   "Sorry," he laughed sheepishly. I rolled my eyes, going back to my room. First, I unpacked, hanging my dresses in the closet. Then put my toiletries in the bathroom. Finally, I flopped onto the bed and took out my book. This was going to be the best three months of my life.
   After an hour of reading, Dr. Schuyler burst through the door. "Coming down to the lake with us?"
   I grinned. "You bet I am."
   Quickly, I changed into my floral bathing suit. (It's a one piece, like the picture at the top. I'm not sure if that's how they actually looked back then, but I tried my best to search for one.) I darted out back, and we began the long walk to the park.
   Eliza wore a sky blue bathing suit like mine, but without the flowered design and it had ruffles on the side. Angelica's matched hers, but it was light fushia. Dr. Schuyler had no swimsuit, and just had on what he was wearing before: a royal blue jacket with golden lace on the sides, knee high white stockings, and white ruffles everywhere. Angie had a cute red and white striped bathing suit (I have no idea how to describe Philip's swimsuit, just imagine it in your head or something).
   We eventually reached the lake and Philip instantly dove right into the water. A second later he pulled up and shrieked, "It's freezing!"
   Angie laughed at him and started kicking water into his face. I couldn't help but chuckle and help her. "This is payback for scaring me, Pip!" I snickered. He started swimming away quickly. My little sister got into the water and followed him.
   Dr. Schuyler sat back on a chair at a table and watched his grandchildren flick water at eachother. Eliza and Angelica were trying to put on sunblock in the water, which wasn't really working. I, on the other hand, was dipping my feet into the water.
   "It isn't that cold," I shouted to Philip. He just called something to me in response, only to be drowned by Angie. I laughed loudly again.
   Time flew by and soon dark storm clouds began to form. Lightning bolted in the distance, and we all started screeching in panic. It suddenly poured down water, and we rushed back to the house.
   I giggled as Philip slipped in the grass and fell over, starting to cry. I hauled him onto my shoulders and carried him inside, where we all collapsed from running so fast.
   I helped the kids change into pajamas, and tucked them into bed. They fell asleep almost right away, and I smiled at them dozing off. Someday I will have kids of my own. But of course, that day won't come soon. I yawned, going to my own comfy bed. I fell asleep quietly, having dreams about splashing in the lake and jumping through rain puddles.

a/n
Next chapter will be more exciting, I promise.

petunia xxx