Interview 4: @no_kidding

Hello Everyone

Today I got the opportunity to interview no_kidding

Thank you very much for allowing me to do the same.

I had a wonderful time taking your interview.

1. Your real name.

My name? Here on Wattpad, I am called Noa. Whether that is my REAL name or not, I won't say. XD     

2. A little about yourself.

I can play piano, keyboard, percussion, and bass. I'm kind of a music nut. In my church, I'm in the contemporary service band playing keyboard (I have TWO that I can play at the same time! How awesome is that?)And the orchestra that sometimes plays on Sundays. The piano is probably more like butchering the piano instead of playing it, lol. I can read sheet music, but prefer to play by ear. "Crazy Train" by Ozzy Osbourne is one of my favourites to play.

I also dance and figure skate. I'm complete opposite in each activity. In dance, I prefer jumping over spinning, but in skating, I prefer spinning over jumping. Weird, right?

3. How long have you been on Wattpad and how has Wattpad changed your life?

I've been on Wattpad for almost a year by now. I think that March 28, 2016 was the date I joined.

Uh...well, I'm writing a LOT more than I had been, and have discovered that I actually like it (whoa...who would've guessed that XD) It's also a way for me to come out of my shell a little more and speak/type to people, which is something I don't generally do.

4. What inspired you to write book?

Well, for the Beauty and the Beast retelling I have (Inside the Beast's Castle) I was actually inspired by the second-to-last scene in "Tangled." I won't give spoilers, but it's one that takes place in the tower and is probably the climax. Almost directly after I watched that movie, I saw the 1991 Disney BatB. Weirdly enough, I found that I wanted to READ the "Tangled" scene, so I went searching for a BatB story that had it in there. I went through TONS of BatB retellings, and found out that there was maybe one that I read that I actually LIKED enough to read again. Around this time was when I found WP and got aggravated enough that I decided to write my own. I figured I could at least get the scenes I was seeing out of my head and onto something.

Thus, 100k words, take or add, happened.

Just about everything I have is inspired by a movie or a scene from a movie though. Three of my works, "Equinox," "When Snow Falls," and "When Beauty Killed the Beast," were written based on prompts, two from FairytaleCommunity and one from a WP and Deviantart contest.

5. Any plans to write a new book.

Yes! I have tons of plans! That I will probably never get to write down... The main unpublished one I've been working on right now is called "The Murders of the Twelve." It's a mystery that was inspired by (of all things) "Zootopia." I have an evil idea to turn it into a trilogy, but it depends on how the first book goes. Since I'm such a fairytale nerd, the mystery is inspired by "The Twelve Dancing Princesses." This one is actually going to be updated regularly starting April 2017.

The second that I've started to play around with is a science-fiction retelling of "The Phantom of the Opera." It's called "Behind the Mask" and SHOULD be out sometime this year. I can't give much more detail than that, though. (Basically because I don't know yet.)

And last, is one inspired by the last line Wolverine speaks in "Logan." It's in major plot bunny stage right now, but I'm planning on doing something with it. Hopefully.

Wow. That's a lot...XD

6. Have you ever been bashed for any book?

Hmm. I look at stuff differently, actually. I think I have had a one or two people, uh, not-so-tactfully tell me their opinion of a story of mine, but honestly, I've learned to tune out the worst of it and take what I need to make it my stories better. It's not an invitation to be as mean as possible while reading my stuff, but if I can't take people not liking what I do, then I probably won't get anywhere with it.

7. A personality that has inspired you.

I put aspects of my personality and my family's personality into my characters. There are pieces of them everywhere. Villains are the most fun though. That's when I can turn the "evil" part of my mind on and let loose. :)

8. What should a good book have?

Everything that is needed, and nothing that isn't. Don't add gore for the sake of gore, don't add romance for the sake of writing romance scenes. If it's there, make it add to the story.

9. Your favourite book on Wattpad.

A lot. There's "Beyond the Tower" by wisteriaflower, "Crescendo Skies" by Mystique_ballerina, basically anything by danikanakker, "By East of Rose," by pennywithaney, and "A Cold Cry" by autumn_sunfire. And much, much, much, more.

10. Your favourite writer on Wattpad.

I can't choose a favorite writer. It's not happening. I'll be naming off everyone whose works I've read.

11. Your favourite movie.

I like "The Matrix" and "Alien," but that's ONLY if they are on TV and have had the language edited. Then there's the original and 2014 "Godzilla," "Pacific Rim," basically anything Marvel, the "Dark Knight" trilogy, "Tangled," "Zootopia," "Serenity" the "Pirates of the Caribbean" anything "Star Wars," the original "Wrath of Khan" and just about any black and white horror movie there is ranging from silent films to "Psycho." There are a lot of movies I enjoy.

12. Your favourite actor and actress.

I don't have a favorite actor and actress.

13. Your theory of life.

I am a Christian. I believe in God, and I believe that He's in control. I honestly believe that everything happens for a reason, even if we don't see the reason yet

14. What does love mean to you?

To me, love means having a friend who sticks by you no matter what.

15. Single/Relationship

Single! Thank goodness.

16. Two words to describe your fans/readers.

Very awesome.

17. One word to describe yourself.

Confused. XD    

18. Anything to convey to your readers.

All I have to say is thank you! Everyone is so awesome and supportive!

ONCE AGAIN, I HAD A WONDERFUL TIME TAKING YOUR INTERVIEW. I AM SURE YOUR READERS WOULD BE ABLE TO VISUALIZE HOW YOU ARE AS A PERSON. KEEP SMILING. YOU GUYS CAN SUGGEST NAMES OF WRITERS YOU WANT INTERVIEW OF. WITH LOADS OF LOVE, GAYATHRI.