Chapter 1

Katelyn's P.O.V.

"Katelyn... Katelyn... Wake up, honey." From my deep slumber, I could hear the faded voice of my mother as she grabbed my shoulders and shook me.

"Five more minutes." I replied in a groggy voice and snuggled closer to my pillow. God, I was so tired...

"Baby, it's important." Hearing the urgency in her tone, I gave out a small groan and slowly opened my eyes to see my mom sitting in front of me, a smile on her face.

"What is it?" I asked as I sat up and moved the covers away. My mom took a deep breath before she spoke.

"I have been seeing someone for two months..." She mumbled in a small voice, her gaze downcast. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped open hearing her. My mom was dating someone? What?!

"Oh my god. Okay, you got all my attention. Start from the beginning! I need details, everything!" I exclaimed as I scooted closer to her with a serious expression and she chuckled.

"Well, I met him in a club. We talked, danced, had fun but the most important thing is, he saved me from getting raped." I raised my eyebrows at the story, still kind of skeptical about this whole thing. She looked at my expression for a bit before she continued.

"Anyway, as I was saying, so after that, we exchanged numbers and started going on dates. Gradually, my feelings for him started to grow... Once we were confirmed that we both love each other, he proposed to me for marriage..." She said shyly and once again, my mouth dropped open. This was happening way too fast, but I didn't want to be a bummer and crush her feelings like this, so I stayed neutral.

"Ooh... What did you say?" I asked curiously, my heart beating fast as I waited for her answer.

"Well, I still didn't reply. I wanted to discuss it with you before I move to the next step. After all, if I do marry him, he will be your step-father, so I wanted your opinion in this. What do you think, honey?" I truly appreciated my mom at this moment, the fact that she also thought about what I would say made me feel super happy.

Just for this reason, just so that she could also be happy, I finally came up with my reply.

"If you truly love him then you should marry him. We can't stay like this forever and every men are not like dad." I said emphasizing the last word and she nodded looking down.

"Yeah, you are right. Every men are not like that asshole. So, I will tell him that I agree tomorrow." She said with a wide smile before pulling me into a hug. I smiled and hugged her back.

"I will make dinner and call you." I nodded and she walked out of my room, closing the door. I sighed and laid on my bed.

Okay, let me tell you guys about myself. I am Katelyn Rias, 19 years old. I live with my mom because my dad, I don't even wanna call him that, left my mom when he heard that she was pregnant.

First, they were friends with benefits, no strings attached, but eventually, my mom fell in love with him. He also said he loved her, but he just used her for sex.

He once forgot to use a condom and that's how I came. My mom told me that I am not a mistake and she loves me more than anything. She can do anything for me so can I. Okay, enough about that.

So after I was born, my mom was the only one who raised me. She didn't like anybody for these 19 years, but now, she finally did. I don't want to be the reason why my mom will lose her happiness again thus I hope they both get married. Also, I really wanna know how it feels to have a father...

"Honey! Dinner's ready!" I heard my mom yelling which made me get up from my bed and walked to wherever she was. I sat at the dining table with my mom and started eating.  

In the middle of our dinner, her phone started to ring. She looked at the caller ID and her eyes immediately lit up. I already knew who it was by the look on her face. So, this what being in love looks like, huh?

"Oh, my Mark is calling. I have to answer this." I nodded, shoving a mouthful of rice in my mouth. She laughed and walked to her room, closing the door behind.

After a few minutes, she came back with a small smile on her lips.

"We are going to meet tomorrow." I smiled at her, feeling so content.

"Alright, lemme know how it goes." After that, we finished eating and went to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up hearing my mom's voice.

"Honey, I am going now." Opening my eyes, I looked at her dolled up face. She looked so pretty...

"Okay, good luck, mom." I replied in a tired voice and kissed her cheek. She smiled before walking out of my room. I yawned and went back to sleeping. 

After what felt like hours, I finally woke up again. I looked at the time. 1:00pm. I sighed and walked to the bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes and stood under the shower. 

I wonder if he has any children. I never had a sibling before. I wonder how it would feel?

I smiled sightly and walked out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my body. I wore a white tee shirt with sweat pants. I walked to the living room and plopped on the couch. "Now what?" I groaned and looked around. I took out my phone and started doing shits in it.

After 1 or 2 hours, I heard the door open and in came my mom with a huge smile plastered on her face. "Guess what? We are getting married in this Friday!" My mom squeled and my eyes widened. "Oh my god! That's amazing!" I squeled back and stood up to hug her. 

We pulled away and smiled. "He also has a son." She grinned and that made my eyes go even more wide. "Really?! That means I am going to have a step-brother!"

"Yes! And even the better news is that we are moving to his house the day after our marriage."

"That would be so cool." We both laughed.

*Time skips to the day after marriage*

"Katy! Are you done?!" I heard my mom yelling. "Wait mom!" I quickly did my finishing touches and looked at myself in the mirror. I wore a simple purple tee shirt with a pink leggings. Smiling to myself, I walked to my mom. "Let's go." We sat in the car and drove off to our new house. ~~~

The car stopped in front of our new... Mansion? It's a freaking mansion! We both walked to the front door and rang the bell. A few seconds later, the door opened revealing my new handsome dad. Yeah, he is pretty handsome for his age I mean.

"Oh my lovelies!" He smiled and pulled the two of us in to a hug. I chuckled and we pulled away. "Come in." He said and opened the door wider for us to enter. We entered and I looked around in amusement. The mansion was magnificient, I loved it! But, something was missing... Yeah, my new step-brother.

"Dad? Where is my brother?" I asked and he gave a small pout before answering, "I am sorry, dear. You see, my son is a really busy person. I think he's at work now and will probably be back at tomorrow 3 or 4 pm."

"Oh..." Was my reply.

Okay, now that's disappointing. I was expecting him to be in home now. Well, whatever.

I sighed and walked around the whole mansion. After that, I entered my new massive room. I must say, they are very rich. I laid on my king-size bed with my arms and legs spread. I pouted to myself.

I wanna see him! I wonder how he will look... Oh yeah, there's school tomorrow.

I yawned and slowly fell asleep....

Chapter 1 done!! I know, this chapter is really boring but, it will get better soon. Soon. Bye!!