Chapter 1

I began to work as a bodyguard not too long ago. It's not necessarily my strength that lent me this job, but rather my skill with guns, knives, and my agility. I worked hard to get to the career level I'm currently at, and I'm very pleased with what I've been able to accomplish.

I guess you could consider me to be somewhat like a personal sniper. Some may even go so far as to describe it as a personal ninja or secret agent.

Of course, this job provides for some strange opportunities. I've been hired by a plethora of people, mostly consisting of celebrities. Despite the fact that all of that sounds pleasant, this job is the farthest from being enjoyable. I'm constantly laying my life on the line, and most of the times my clients don't even know my name. I'm risking my life for strangers.

I was called to meet with my boss. Typically this meant that I was being given a more difficult task than the ones I'm usually given. I was prepared to receive another celebrity client, but what I did get wasn't what I was anticipating.

"(Y/n), please come in and sit down," My boss said as I came into his office. We didn't know his actual name, we were only given an alias. His alias was Woodrow.

I sat down on a chair that was facing his desk. He flipped through some files that were laid on his desk. He looked stressed as he stared down at the mess. He typically kept his desk clean, but now there were papers messily scattered across it.

"I have a client for you. The amount of time you'll be working for this client is still undetermined," I was surprised to hear this. Normally the max time to work with a client was a week. To hear that the time was undetermined made me nervous.

"The reason it's unknown is because this client is being chased down by a gang. You will no longer work for him as soon as this gang is eliminated," he handed me a file and I opened it to find information on each member of a gang called Phoenix.

"And who exactly is my client?" I asked curiously, wondering what type of person would invoke the wrath of an entire gang.

"He goes by the name Vanoss. He's a powerful gang leader himself, and he has requested extra help from us to take down Phoenix. He leads the gang known as The Vanoss Crew. I know you're familiar with that gang," Woodrow passed another folder with information on Vanoss.

"Of course. Everyone in Los Santos knows who they are," I stated as I flipped through my client's information.

"Since the timing of this job is undetermined, you will have to stay with your client until further notice. As soon as you are equipped and ready, you must pack a bag of clothes and other things you will need," hearing this sounded unreal, but it was happening. I was being employed by a gang leader, he was being hunted by another gang, and on top of all that, I'll have to live with said gang until further notice.

"You will also be joined by Sark, Panda, Nanners, and Ohm. They each have been assigned to a gang member of The Vanoss Crew. I wish you all the best of luck," My boss stood up and led me to the door.

Ohm, Nanners, Panda, and Sark were waiting for me in the hall. They each had a briefcase, which is what we usually used to carry our weaponry. But each of them also had a suitcase.

They let me go home to collect a suitcase full of clothes and other things. When I had finished packing, I met back up with them at work to prepare for this job.

I slid my favorite pocket knife into the wasteband of my pants. I slid my pistol in the opposite side. I then slid a throwing knife into each sock and also put a small pocket knife in my bra.

I met the others in the parking garage and we loaded up into a black Sudan. We began to drive down the highway.

"This is the most strange mission I've ever received," Ohm commented.

"I'm kind of excited. This definitely won't be a boring job," Nanners replied. I chuckled, agreeing with him.

"I'm just really excited to meet the most powerful gang in the city," Panda happily said.

I zoned out as they continued to talk. I myself had some things I was looking forward to as well. I was mostly looking forward to seeing how this gang functions. It's not everyday you get to experience this stuff. A gang as powerful as The Vanoss Crew must have a lot of things they do to remain in power.

While I continued to wonder, we pulled up to a large building. It was an apartment complex. We got out of the car after we parked it. As we entered the building, I began to get nervous. We rode the elevator up many floors, and we found their apartment.

Sark was in front of us, so we waited for him to knock on the door. We could all see how nervous he was. He held his arm up in front of the door for a few seconds without doing or saying anything. Once he finally knocked, the door was opened and we were invited inside.