Chapter 7

<_°Vanoss's POV°_>

After sitting in silence for a few minutes, I realized (y/n) was sound asleep against me. I grinned at her while she slept. She looked so peaceful and it was kinda cute.

Though I didn't want to, I slowly moved and picked her up bridal style. I laid her down in my bed and gingerly pulled the douvet over her. She turned over and faced her back to me, still asleep.

"Night," I whispered, even though I knew she didn't hear me. I quietly opened the door and left the room.

Nogla and Lui were hanging out in the living room when I came in. I sighed in relief because I needed to talk to Lui.

"Just the man I needed to talk to," I said as I sat down across from Lui.

"What do you need?" he asked in his squeaker voice.

"I wanted to check and see if you and Wildcat made any progress in tracking down Phoenix," I replied, and his expression became serious and his smile faded away.

"We've basically made little to no progress. We've scanned security feed from around town, we've had people search every alleyway in the city, we've even found the van they once used but we couldn't find any traces of Phoenix. We will continue working on it though," he stared into my eyes, and I had never seen him so genuinely serious.

"Have more people help you if you need to. We must find them as soon as possible," I muttered. He nodded in reply and stood up from the couch.

"Anyways, I need to get some sleep. I will continue our search tomorrow," he said before walking away.

"Do you think they're close?" Nogla asked once Lui was gone.

"I have a hunch they're still in the city. The city is where they have the most customers buying their drugs and whatnot," I spoke while I sat back in the chair and looked up at the ceiling.

"How's (y/n)?" Nogla asked after a pause of silence. I didn't know he would ask about her, so I was quiet for a few seconds.

"She's asleep right now, but she's doing good. I think her ego grew while we were at the shooting range," I chuckled.

"Yeah, what she did was pretty cool. Especially since we don't do karate and stuff like that. I also noticed she's been more confident as well," Nogla smiled. I nodded in reply and we sat there in silence for a few more seconds, until Nogla broke the silence.

"You two make a cute pair," Nogla hummed. I was surprised by his sudden comment.

"Where did that come from?" I asked, perplexed.

"I dunno, I can just see you two making a cute couple," Nogla let out a giggle that made him sound like a little girl. I couldn't tell if he was serious or not, so I disregarded his comment and left the room before he could see my red face.