Chapter 2

We were invited in by a man with a green button up shirt and dark blue jeans that were very worn out. He smiled at us and very kindly let us in. I was confused to see such kindness, but I smiled back as we went inside.

"They're here!" the man called. He led us into a large modern living room and we were met by the rest of the gang. They appeared to be normal people, which also made me confused. I was expecting tough-looking men in suits or something, but they looked like average people.

One man in a red jacket and black jeans stood up. I recognized him from the information my boss provided me. This man was Vanoss. Like the pictures of him, he was Asian with jet black hair and chocolate brown eyes.

"Hello, welcome. I'm Vanoss, and I'll let the others introduce themselves," he waved to the other men around him.

We were introduced to Nogla, Wildcat, Basically, Mini Ladd, Moo Snuckel, Delirious, Lui, and Terrorizor. We also went down the line and individually introduced ourselves.

"Who is guarding who?" Basically questioned after the long introductions were out of the way.

"I'm assigned to Wildcat," Panda said and raised his hand.

"I'm assigned to Basically," Nanners added.

"I'm assigned to Delirious," Ohm also raised his hand.

"I'm assigned to Vanoss," I spoke carefully, knowing they would be skeptical about having a girl assigned to guard their leader. I saw Vanoss look at me, then look over at Wildcat. There were no words exchanged, but I could tell they each knew what the other was thinking. I could also assume in the moment the same thing that went through their heads.

I got this all of the time and I'm used to it now. I honestly enjoy seeing the look on my client's face when I tell them I'm one of the best my agency has to offer. It's even better when they still don't believe me and I demonstrate my abilities to them. They'll soon witness my ability and regret doubting me.